xxi. tricking the tricksters

« TRICKING THE TRICKSTERS »

Lillian had her eyes glued on the parchment, but her mind was definitely not in the Great Hall anymore. In fact, instead of answering the questions that were asked for the Theory of Charms test, she couldn't stop thinking about her latest encounter with Draco.

Maybe because in the back of her mind she had hoped he would apologise for acting like a complete git to her in front of his friends when it was evident that he didn't really mean all of his snarky and obnoxious looks and words. But Lillian was more upset about herself being the overly nice and interested girl who blindly decided that discovering the real Malfoy was worth a shot when, really, it was just a way to end up frustrated.

She sighed and looked up, really tempted to tickle Harry who was sitting in front of her but she decided to keep this envy for herself, Umbridge's eyes on her.

A small explosion caught her attention, the noise coming from outside the large room, and Umbridge tensed as the same sound resonated outside a few times in a row, now all the students' faces turned towards the big door. The pink-clothed toad tried to keep her composure as she walked between the students who couldn't be bothered with their tests at this point.

Opening the door, all the students watched, wondering if the explosion would be heard again. Actually, Lillian hoped to see something explode on Umbridge's face. And as she thought about it, a firework flew inside the room, breaking the silence as it exploded in loads of different colors, soon followed by Fred and George who entered the room on their broomsticks.

All of the tests flew in the air, causing everyone in the room to stand up and cheer for the two Weasleys' who kept throwing fireworks, mostly at the Slytherins, before sending the biggest Lillian had ever seen, taking the shape of a huge dragon as Umbridge ran away, the most ridiculous scream leaving her mouth as it closed its huge mouth around her.

"Guys, it's our free ticket to leave this room!" Lillian shouted, already running to the courtyard.

The atmosphere was joyful as Fred and George threw their biggest firework in the air, drawing the shape of a 'W' which signed the epitome of their influence on the school.

"Lilli, there's something wrong with Harry!" Hermione said as she shook her shoulder, a finger pointed towards their friend, who was on the ground.

+ + +

"Harry, are you sure?" Hermione asked, her breath ragged after running so fast.

"I saw it, it's just like with Mr. Weasley. It's the same door I've been dreaming about for months and I couldn't remember where I'd seen it before!" Harry explained, "Sirius said Voldemort was after something. Something he didn't have the last time and it's in the Department of Mysteries."

"Harry, just listen, please," Lillian begged, "What if Voldemort meant for you to see this? What if he's only hurting Sirius because he's trying to get to you?"

"What if he is? I'm supposed to just let him die?" Harry answered, "Lillian, he's the only family I've got left."

Ron's voice was low, almost above a whisper, "What do we do?"

With no further ado, Harry kept running up the stairs, the three others having a hard time keeping up with him. Eventually, they made it to Umbridge's office, above the Defense Against the Dark Arts' class.

"We'll have to use the Floo Network."

"Umbridge has the chimneys under surveillance."

"Not all of them," Harry pointed out, as they stood in front of the office's door, "Alohomora."