iv. nightmare

« NIGHTMARE »

Lillian felt sick to her stomach. She backed away until she was standing besides Hermione who was eyeing her suspiciously, noticing how pale Lillian had suddenly become.

"Now, Amortentia doesn't create actual love. That would be impossible. But it does cause a powerful infatuation or obsession. And for that reason, it is probably the most dangerous potion in this room," Slughorn explained as he put the cover back on the cauldron.

"Sir, you haven't told us what's in that one."

"Oh, yes." Slughorn murmured, grabbing the tiny flask containing a translucent liquid, "What you see before you, ladies and gentlemen is a curious little potion known as Felix Felicis. But it is more commonly refered to as—"

"Liquid luck."

"Yes, Miss Granger. Liquid luck." Slughorn confirmed. "Desperately tricky to make, disastrous should you get it wrong. One sip and you will find that all of your endeavors succeed."

"At least until the effects wear off. So, this is what I offer each of you today. One tiny vial of liquid luck to the student who, in the hour that remains manages to brew an acceptable Draught of Living Death, the recipes for which can be found on page ten of your books." Slughorn added as all the students opened their books.

"I should point out, however, only once did a student manage to brew a potion of sufficient quality to claim this prize. Nevertheless, good luck to you all. Let the brewing commence."

In a second, everybody got on with the task except for Lillian who stood in the middle of the room, her stomach doing flips and her head spinning at full speed. She didn't know if it was because of the sleep deprivation or of the Amortentia but she felt like passing out.

"Miss Henderson, is everything all right?"

Lillian turned her head towards the professor, "Uh, I—I don't feel really good, no."

"You should go to Madam Pomfrey, do you need someone to come with you?"

Lillian ran a hand on her forehead, breathing deeply, "No, no, I can go on my own."

"Are you sure?" Slughorn asked as Hermione walked besides her friend.

"Yes."

Lillian walked out, almost running on the door, her vision blurred with black dots. She didn't know how she did it but she made it to the Gryffindor's common room, relying her weigth on one of the couches, not able to think clearly anymore.

She extracted the last ounce of strength out of her body to fall on the couch as her eyes shut tight, her mind collapsing in subconscious.

+ + +

Lillian was standing in the middle of the forest, during the night, wearing nothing but her nightgown, leaves and branches cracking under her bare feet. She didn't recognise the place but it didn't feel completely unfamiliar so she walked, not aware that Death Eaters were following her discreetly, their masks bringing more darkness and mystery to the scenery.

The blonde seemed lifeless, her pale skin looking disturbingly white under the reflection of the moon and she was marching as if she was under control, until the panorama suddenly changed to bring her back in the Department of Mysteries, the night of Sirius and Mulciber's deaths.

Lillian started to understand what was unfolding right in front of her but she couldn't do anything, Bellatrix Lestrange grabbing her by both arms and forcing her to watch as she laughed devilishly.