three. ( the seven letters )

( THE SEVEN LETTERS )

FROM LILLIAN
TO HER
LOVED ONES

My Fred,

I miss hearing you making fun of Ron, fighting with George and teasing Ginny and I. And, even if I've always been closer to Ron, I have always seen you as an older brother. I know that if you can read this right now you're certainly calling out my sentimentality.

You would probably throw me over your shoulder and run all around the backyard until I'd feel sick to my stomach and beg you to put me down.

But I do mean it when I say I miss you. I will always feel an emptiness because I know that I will never have the chance to spend time with you anymore. And it hurts like hell.

Because you didn't deserve to leave. You had so much to offer and I will keep on wondering what extraordinary things you would have created with George to spread joy and happiness in the world.

I will cherish every memory I have with you for the rest of my life because I have had the chance to grow up surrounded by love and kindness.

Thank you Fred, for being there for me whenever I felt scared or doubtful, for warming my heart when I felt like falling into a pit of darkness, for showing me that everything is possible if you put your whole heart into what you believe in.

You were the best older brother I've ever had,

I love you.

Dear Remus,

I still cannot believe one of these letters is addressed to you. I feel like everything transformed so quickly I didn't even have the time to understand a single thing. I can't quite grasp onto the idea that I will never see you walking through the front door, without knocking obviously, and command me to get dressed so you could take me somewhere I had never seen before.

I feel like crying right now. You can't even imagine how hard it is for me to picture my life without you, mum and dad. I mean... mum has been gone for a while now. But I had you and I had dad. And, even though I know you'll always be in my heart, it is breaking me to know that life goes on and that you'll never be there, next to me... that the only way I'll see your face is through a photo album.

But I know you are happy now. Because I do believe you are now with The Marauders and that your heart is finally complete. You never wanted to show any pain but it was always pouring out of your eyes. I was never able to lie to you but you've never been able to hide your sadness from me.

So, whenever I will feel sad, I will try to remember you are in a better place surrounded by all the people you love.

And, if I can promise you one thing, it is that I will always take care of Teddy the way you've always taken care of me.

I love you, Remus.