xi. dumbledore's army

« DUMBLEDORE'S ARMY »

The four teenagers were walking down the snowy path in Hogsmeade, Hermione explaining the purpose of this little expedition out of the castle so early in the morning during the week end.

"This is mad," Harry retorted, "Who'd wanna be taught by me? I'm a nutter, remember?"

"Look on the bright side, you can't be any worse than old toad face," Ron replied, causing Lillian to chuckle.

"Thanks, Ron."

"I'm here for you, mate."

Lillian raised her head as she observed the building they were standing in front of, called 'Hog's Head', the place didn't seem charming and even less welcoming. The sign held the drawing of a boar, which made the whole thing even more disturbing.

"Who's supposed to be meeting us, then?" Harry asked.

"Just a couple of people," Hermione answered, unsure, as she opened the front door of the pub.

Either she was expecting a lot of people, or worse, she was scared nobody would be coming at all.

"Lovely spot."

"Thought it would be safer off the beaten track."

Raising her eyebrows, Lillian stepped inside, taking around her surroundings, "Except for the forbidden forest, I don't think you could have done better, Hermione."

But none of them expected to have over twenty people sitting on chairs —and even on tables, patiently waiting for the quartet to show up. Ron and Lillian were the first one to step inside, taking their seats in front of everyone, noticing a lot of familiar faces and Lillian even pinching the twins' sides as she walked by them.

Though the room stayed silent for minutes that felt like hours, Hermione finally decided to speak, "Uhm, hi."

"So, you all know why we're here," she added, "We need a teacher, a proper teacher. One who's had real experience defending themselves against the Dark Arts."

"Why?" Zacharias Smith asked, as both Ron and Lillian rolled their eyes.

"Why? Because You-Know-Who's back, you tosspot."

"So he says." Zacharias said.

"So Dumbledore says," Hermione answered, staying extremely calm as usual.

"So Dumbledore says because he says," Zacharias retorted, Lillian shotting up from her seat.

"What if I say I'm going to punch you? Would you believe me if I tell you I don't need my wand? Well, it's the same thing about Voldemort."

Zacharias stiffened, before adding, "The point is, where is the proof?"

"If Potter could tell us more about how Diggory got killed.."

"I'm not gonna talk about Cedric, so if that's why you're here, you might as well clear out now," Harry answered, standing up to get closer from Hermione, "Come on, Hermione. Let's go, they're here because they think I'm some sort of freak."

"Wait!"

"Is it true you can produce a Patronus Charm?" Luna suddenly asked, truly interested.

"Yes! I've seen it," Hermione answered, Lillian smiling at her friends.

"Blimey, Harry, I didn't know you could do that!" Dean gasped.

"He also killed a basilisk, with the sword of Gryffindor, during our second year," Lillian added, narrowing her eyes at Zacharias who still didn't seem convinced.