vii. lillian's mystery

« LILLIAN'S MYSTERY »

"Are you alright?" Hermione asked as the two girls walked out of the tent.

"It's fine," Harry answered, "Actually, you know, it's more than fine."

Lillian stopped dead in her tracks as she noticed Ron standing behind Harry, his bag on the shoulder and a sword in hand.

"Hey," Ron chuckled, his gaze focused on Hermione.

Harry's smile fainted when he locked eyes with Lillian and he looked away as the girl sighed, hoping she could just talk to him. But she knew it wouldn't happen now, as they had more important things to take care of.

Hermione ripped Ron's bag away, "You... complete..." she tossed leaves in his face, "ass, Ronald Weasley!"

Lillian opened her eyes wide, not expecting such a reaction from her best friend.

"You show up here after weeks," she bickered, throwing the bag on the ground, "And you say, hey?!"

The two boys exchanged a confused look as no one dare to speak.

"Where's my wand, Harry? Where's my wand?" Hermione asked, walking towards the boy who stepped back.

"I don't know!"

"Harry Potter, you give me my wand!"

"I don't have it!"

"How come he's got your wand?" Ron asked.

"Never mind why he's got my wand!" Hermione snapped, pausing for a while as she inspected the ginger boy, "What is that?"

Ron lifted the necklace, now broken.

"You destroyed it."

Lillian started walking towards Ron, as she simply wanted to give him a hug after such a long time but was interrupted by Hermione.

"And how is it that you just happen to have the sword of Gryffindor?"

"It's a long story," Harry joined.

"Don't think this changes anything."

"Oh, of course not," Ron jested, "I only just destroyed a bloody horcrux. Why would that change anything? Look, I wanted to come back as soon as I left. I just didn't know how to find you."

"Yeah, how did you find us?" Harry genuinely asked.

"With this," Ron said, pulling out the deluminator, "It doesn't just turn off lights. I don't know how it works, but Christmas morning I was sleeping in this little pub, keeping away from some snatchers. And I heard it."

"It?"

"A voice," Ron explained, "Your voice, Hermione... coming out of it."

"And what exactly did I say, may I ask?"