xiv. double meaning (part 2)

« DOUBLE MEANING »

In the end, Lillian stayed for over two hours in Dumbledore's office, explaining and repeating over and over again what had happened in her dream up until he offered to actually be able to see it with his own eyes.

At first, she was a bit reluctant at the idea of Dumbledore extracting a memory out of her mind but the pros were much more important than the cons and she let him do, observing in silence as he watched the whole dream in the pensieve.

He came to the conclusion she would have appointments once every two days with Severus Snape in his office to discuss some important dark forms of magic. He had been very evasive, not giving details and making her promise not to say a word about it to any of her friends.

And the next day she was back to hiding things to her friends, a horrid feeling creeping up in her stomach everytime she would think about her last nightmare.

As she was getting ready to join her friends for breakfast, an owl creeped inside the room, dropping a letter on her bed. A small smile tugged at her chapped lips when she recognised the writing.

Lillian,

I will be in the boathouse after breakfast, join me there if you wish.

D.M.

As if a jolt of energy sped through her body, the teenager didn't feel hungry at all anymore and already wanted to go in the boathouse. She reflected on how uncommon this place was for a meet but she also found it quite original and safe. It was almost impossible for someone to discover them and she liked this idea.

Breakfast felt like it lasted hours and Lillian painfully had to remain calm as her thoughts travelled to what could happen when she'd join Draco in what might become their secret place.

Lying to her friends was not her favorite thing in the world but it was rather easy as she said she would keep a day off from the weekend to converse with her parents through letters and stay in the owlery for a few hours.

The boathouse was still as impressive as when she first arrived for the first time at Hogwarts. Lots of translucent glass made of crystal with beautiful chandeliers hanging from the ceiling gave a very luxurious vibe to the entire facility that was only used once a year.

Lillian leaned forward as she observed her reflection in the water, suddenly realising that she had barely tried to look presentable. Her hair looked all right, a bit messy as usual, of course her face held the marks of exhaustion caused by the ongoing stress and lack of sleep and her attire was not worth much either.

But, the reflection of Draco appearing right next to her made the teenager forget about what she looked like as she turned around with a big smile, her heart already pounding ten times faster.

Draco gently pulled her in for a hug, one of his hands firmly around her waist as the other caressed her hair in a very soothing manner.

They stayed in this position for awhile, no words exchanged, the heat radiating from their bodies calming their nerves in the easiest way. For Draco, Lillian's presence was enough to allow him not to think about the rather dark mission he had to accomplish for the Dark Lord meanwhile Lillian felt at ease around the Slytherin Prince as if he could understand that she kept in secrets since he had to do the same.

They were so different, but like the sky during the night being illuminated by a powerful moon, they completed each other in a odd and unexpected way.

Then, Draco grabbed Lillian's hand and they both carefully stepped inside a boat, lying there, next to each other, their gazes glued to the sky that they could see through the crystal roof.