xvii. perfect match

« PERFECT MATCH »

« PERFECT MATCH »

Wizards and witches were dueling in every corner of the Great Hall, the Entrance Hall and the large staircases. Pieces of benches and tables flew in every direction, students, professors and Death Eaters were screaming out spells and curses as beams of red, blue and gold sparkled everywhere.

But Lillian had lost Hermione and Ron when she ran in the Courtyard to try and help her father. She needed to find them, or the snake, at all costs.

She pulled out the basilisk's fang out of her pocket, holding it strongly in her left hand as she had her wand pointed protectively in front of her, in her other hand. Her heart was beating furiously in her chest as she started climbing the stairs, ever so slowly.

All of a sudden, Lillian recognized Ron and Hermione who stumbled down a few steps at the top of the staircase, followed closely by Nagini. The snake hissed threateningly at the pair and Lillian rushed down, throwing spells that simply rebounded over the animal.

She ran until she was near the Courtyard, she would try to take Nagini down when the snake would come at her.

But she hadn't seen the Death Eater that was coming for her, her vision solely focused on the last Horcrux.

"Lillian!" Neville shouted as he ran in her direction.

The blonde snapped her head towards the voice and realized a curse was coming her way. She barely had the time to do anything that the basilisk's fang slipped out of her grasp and was projected towards the stairs.

She pointed her wand at the Death Eater, "Protego!"

A shield caused the curse to crash on the invisible barrier and Lillian focused on the enemy that was preparing to attack again.

"Impedimenta!" she shouted.

The Death Eater froze and Lillian flicked her wand once more to stun him. She had put so much strength she didn't need to pronounce the incantation that he was powerfully sent away, flying all the way back inside the Great Hall.

Lillian opened her eyes wide when she noticed that, meanwhile, Ron and Hermione had stumbled and fallen on the ground in the Courtyard, Nagini getting ready to attack them. Lillian pointed her wand at the snake as Neville rushed towards the beast.

She might have lost the tool that would've killed the snake and destroyed the Horcrux all at once, but it didn't mean she couldn't stop Nagini from killing her best friends.

"Petrificus Totalus!"

The spell hit the snake and paralyzed it in mid air with its mouth wide open. Lillian held her breath as Neville lunged at the creature and swiftly swung the sword of Gryffindor as it sliced Nagini in half. A very thick and dark dust poured out of the snake, spiraling menacingly in the air and Lillian fell forward, in Ron's arms.