xx. feelings first

Please, read the author's note at the end ! <3

« FEELINGS FIRST »

The night was darker than usual, upon Hogwarts. Empty hallways, silent houses, sad students.. everyone felt something was wrong on this special night.

Hermione and Ron were awaiting Harry's return from a confrontation with Dumbledore meanwhile Lillian was in Snape's office, trying to get some more informations.

"The Dark Lord shouldn't be able to take over your mind anymore," Snape said, causing the blonde to sigh in relief.

"So... that means our appointments are over?"

Snape stayed quiet, turning around so he faced the dark window.

"Something bad is going to happen, right?" Lillian asked, coming closer from the teacher. "And Draco has to do it."

"One day, the two of you will have to fight, you are enemies," Snape answered.

"And one of us will die, yes I know," Lillian interrupted, annoyed by her teacher.

Snape turned around swiftly, startling the girl as she took a step back.

"I don't think you understand what is coming, Miss Henderson—"

"Oh, I don't understand what is coming?" Lillian snickered, "But, I do sir, I do. And you want to know how I know? Because my mother died because of me, because I killed a man. Because the Dark Lord probably added my name on the list of his top targets."

Lillian was ready to scream, she wanted to cry and run away but, somehow, with Snape, she felt it all become real.

Her mother had died because she had killed a man. She was a target, probably not the main one, but she was.

"So love is the only thing I have left. And I think it is even more true for Draco than it is for me," Lillian added, softly. "so, maybe you've never had that, maybe you think we're too young, maybe you think it can't work out, but please, let us try."

Lillian was on her way out when Snape decided to answer, in a tone she had never heard from him. It was soft, weak, even.

"I loved. You remind me of her, a lot."

The blonde turned around, surprised by such a confession.

"What happened to her?"

"She died."

+ + +

Lillian,

I am so sorry, I love you, oh, I wish I could put into words how much I love you. But I can't, and after what I am about to do, you will probably hate me. But I have to do it. He is going to kill my family if I don't do it.