v. first day incident

« FIRST DAY INCIDENT »

During the entire period where Lillian was stuck with Malfoy, Parkinson and Zabini, she had merely thought about smashing her own head against the table for about two hundred times —in a row. In fact, the little group didn't stop laughing and talking about useless things which made it harder for her to focus on the potion they had to make.

And today, Snape didn't go easy on them. They had to make a Draught of Peace potion —apparently there was a lot of chances for it to be in the OWL's by the end of the year, which meant she couldn't afford to mess it up.

But being at a table full of obnoxious Slytherins didn't help her much and she wish she could just turn the volume of the entire classroom to be able to concentrate.

"Hey, Henderson?" Blaise spoke up, making her raise her head in his direction, "Do you have some powdered moonstone you aren't using?"

"Yes, but it isn't for you, go get some yourself."

And with that, Lillian focused her attention back to her cauldron, ignoring Draco and Blaise mocking the young girl by repeating what she said in a very high-pitched tone, and of course, Snape didn't say anything.

What Lillian didn't notice, though, was that Draco was somehow 'relieved' to have the best potions' maker at his table, because even if he had always been good in this subject —mostly because Snape was the teacher, the Draught of Peace was by far the hardest one they had to produce and Lillian seemed perfectly comfortable with it.

+ + +

When Lillian's potion emitted a silver vapour, she couldn't help raising her fist in the air as she was sure to get a good grade, no matter how much Snape despised the gryffindor's students he never had anything to say about Lillian's work.

But apparently, there was someone at the table who wasn't really thrilled to see Lillian get a good grade —Pansy, mostly because she had completely ruined her potion and almost caused an explosion, and the slytherin girl decided to spice her potion as discreetly as possible.

"Are you done, Lilli?" Ron said behind her, drips of sweat falling on his forehead.

"Yes," she answered, raising an eyebrow as she inspected her friend's cauldron, "I guess I can't tell the same about you."

"Green sparks keep erupting from it, I don't understand why." Ron sighed.

"I wish I could give you an answer but this potion is so com—"

"Miss Henderson!" Snape shouted from behind, causing her to turn around.

Her potion was trembling quickly, the color of it not turquoise blue as it should be, and as it was, but dark red. Walking until she was in front of her cauldron, she barely saw what was happening that someone yanked her away, making her fall harshly on her back, her head violently hitting something hard.

The potion exploded at the exact same time she landed on the floor.

"Someone take Miss Henderson to the hospital wing." Snape blankly instructed, Ron instinctively kneeling in front of Lillian to help her get up.

But the impact must have been violent since Lillian instantly fainted in Ron's arms, everyone in the classroom bringing their hands to their mouths in surprise.

+ + +

With some difficulty, Lillian fluttered her heavy eyelashes, the world spinning around her as she groaned in pain. A few minutes later, Lillian could finally look around her without her stomach shaking its way to her throat, and noticed she was in the hospital wing, Madam Pomfrey walking towards her.