0.7.

3rd person POV

The company wait for Bilbo to come at the dragon inn for 10 minutes. Berry had jumped off her pony, and gone to say goodbye to Ella before they went, and was back now on her pony, which she found out was called Nightsky. 

Berry rides in between Fili and Kili. The female hobbit enjoys the brothers company, and will always blush when either of them makes a cheeky or a flirtatious comment. 

Fili seems to be like an protective brother. He already like the girl and wants to protect her like a older brother would.

Kili, one the other hand, finds her like a best friend. He does think every so often that she is one of the most beautiful hobbits he has ever seen, but Berry has never been told by anyone apart from her brother.

At the front of the long line of pony and a horse, Thorin listens to the three of them making conversation. He has already taken a liking to Berry. When she said yes to joining the quest, he was shocked. But now, he can see that she can become a fierce warrior one day.

Thorin has talked to Dwalin, a good friend of his, and he agrees with his thoughts, he has mentioned to Dwalin. The one he kept to himself is that he thinks the female hobbit is very, VERY beautiful. He has not seen many females as the dwarf race consider female dwarves rare, and the few that he has seen tend to look like males. As horrible as that sounds, it is true.

The dwarven prince has noticed that she has this brave spark around her. She changed dramatically since last night. Berylla was a shy girl, but now she is a less of a brave one and more of a brave girl.

Bilbo, on the other hand, has seen the letter that Berry left next to the dwarves one, and is running at top speed through the forest. Trying to catch up with the dwarves.

He spots them ahead.

"Wait! Wait!" Bilbo yells.

Berylla's POV

"Wait! Wait!" I smile at the familiar voice.

I pull on the reins, stopping Nightsky and turning around in the saddle to see Bilbo running toward us with the contract in his hand.

"I've signed it!" Bilbo says proudly, handing it to Balin.

Balin pulls out his glasses, checking over it before smiling.

"Everything seems to be in order." Balin smiles at Bilbo, "Welcome, Master Baggins, to the company of Thorin Oakenshield."

"Give him a pony." Thorin calls from the front, making me giggle.

"What are you laughing at?" Fili asks from beside me.

"3...2...1" I count down then point to Bilbo.

"Uh, no. That won't be necessary." Bilbo panics, "I've done my fair share of walking. I once got as far as Fogmortan befo-ahhh." I laugh as Fili and Kili move away from me and pick Bilbo up by his shoulders, placing him on a pony.

"That's what I was laughing at." I say once Fili and Kili come back over.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a long day of riding, and Bilbo making a big fuss over forgetting his hankerceif, we finally stop.

Most of the dwarves are asleep, or going to sleep. I sit inbetween Fili and Kili. I see Bilbo getting up and go over to his pony, feeding it a apple while talking to it.

A loud screech comes to my ears and I look up scared.

"What was that?" Bilbo asks, walking back quickly.

"Orcs." Kili says.

"Orcs?" Bilbo squeeks.

"They'll be dozens of them out there." Fili adds.

"They strike in the small hours. Quick and quiet, just lots of blood." Kili finishes.

Their laughter fills my ears, making me glare at them both.

"Do you think a night raid by Orcs is a joke?" Thorin appears beside us.

"We didn't mean anything by it." Kili looks down.

"No you didn't. You know nothing of this world." Thorin growls before walking off.

"Pay no mind to him laddie." Balin says, "Thorin as more cause to hate Orcs. After the dragon took the loney mountain, King Thror tried to reclaim the ancient Dwarf kingdom of Moria. But our enemy had gotten there first. Moria had been taken by legions of Orcs lead by the most vile of their race, Azog the defiler. The giant Gundabad Orc had sworn to wipe out the line of Durin. He began by beheading the King."

I look over at Thorin who is staring out over the ponies.

"Thrain, Thorin's father, was driven mad with greif. He went missing, taken prisoner, we do not know. We were leaderless. Defeat and death were upon us. And that is when I saw him. A young dwarf prince facing the pale orc. He stood alone against the terrible foe, his armor rent, weilding nothing but an Oaken branch as a shield. Azog the defiler learnt that day that the line of Durin could not be so easily broken. Our forces rallied and drove the Orcs back. Our enemy was defeated. But  there was no feast, no song that night. For our dead was beyond the count of greif. We few survived. And I thought to myself then, there is one I could follow. There is one I could call king."

"And the pale orc. What happened to him?" I ask, turning to Balin.

"He slunk back into the hole in which he came. That filth died of his wounds long ago." Thorin says, walking back toward us.