1.5.

"Oh dear lord, BILBO!" I launch forward, crawling on my stomach and I reach over the edge, swinging my hand out toward my brother.

My brother's eyes are wide with fear as he dangles on the edge, the rain pouring down onto his face. A pair of arms wrap around my waist pulling me back, away from the edge. Thorin comes out from behind me, swinging off the edge of the cliff. He grabs Bilbo from his bag, pushing him up so the rest of the dwarves pull him up. As Thorin begins to climb up, he slips making my eye widen. But, Dwalin catches him before he falls, pulling him up.

I race toward Bilbo, engulfing him in a hug and burying my face into his neck.

"I thought we lost our burglar." Dwalin says.

"He's been lost," Thorin begins, glaring down at Bilbo, "Ever since he left home. He should never have come. He has no place amongst us." He begins to walk away, but stops turning, "Neither of them do."

That hit me like a ton of bricks. After what he said to me in Rivendell, I thought it meant something. Our kiss, I hoped it would mean something.

"Come on, Berry." Bilbo says, standing up.

We walk into the cave last. I pull of my soaking wet cloak, pushing the wet hair out of my face and laying my cloak down on the floor to let it dry out. I sit cross legged beside it, and begin to braid my wet hair out of my face.

--------

Everyone is asleep or close to it, but I sit awake, staring at the wall in front of me. I sigh, looking out of the cave doorway. After what Thorin had said, I am reconsidering staying with the Company....after all I don't belong here.

I let out a shaky breath as tears threaten to fall, so I decide to lay down, facing toward the cave entrance.

I hear rummaging from behind me, I turn my head to see Bilbo packing his things.

"Bilbo? What are you doing?" His head snaps toward me as I sit up.

"Going back to Rivendell." He whispers, grabbing his sword.

I say nothing, staring at him as begins to walk away.

Sighing, I lay back down. My hands resting on my stomach.

"Where do you think you're going?" I look to the side to see Bofur awake, staring at my brother.

"Back to Rivendell." Bilbo repeats again.

""No, no, you can't turn back now, you're part of the company. You're one of us." Bofur responds, jumping up to stand next to my brother.

"I'm not though, am I?" Bilbo whispers, sighing as well, "Thorin said I should never had come, and he was right. I'm not a took, I'm a Baggins. I don't know what I was thinking. I should never have ran out of my door."

"You're homesick, I understand." Bofur tried to reason.

"No, you don't. You don't understand." Bilbo whispers, getting frustrated, "None of you do, you're dwarves. You're used to this life, living on the road, never settling in one place, not belonging anywhere!"

My eyes widen as I sit up, glaring at my brother.

Bilbo skins realises what he has just said, his expression softening, "I am sorry, I didn't.."

"No you're right, we don't belong anywhere." Bofur sighs, looking around at the dwarves, "I wish you all the luck in the world, I really do.

I watch as Bilbo turns away, but before he could leave the cave, Bofur stops him again.

"What's that?"

Bilbo looks down at his sword, slowly gripping it and bringing it out of its stealth slightly. Only to reveal it glowing a light blue.

Bilbo glances down at his sword, then up at me.

"WAKE UP! WAKE UP!" Thorin's voice breaks through the silence before the floor opens and we all go tumbling down into the darkness.