1.2.

Bilbo leads me down the many hallways and quite a few stairs, glancing over at me every few minutes to make sure that I am alright. We reach a small area with a patch of grass in the middle, the dwarves around it laughing like idiots. Bilbo coughs, causing everyone to look up.

"BERRY!" Fili and Kili yell, jumping up and running over to me.

I squeal as they tackle me to the ground in a massive hug. I start to laugh, hugging them back.

"Guys, get off. You're crushing me!" I laugh.

They both get off, dragging me up with them. The rest of the dwarves grin at me, saying things along the lines of 'glad your alright'. Out of the corner of my eye, I spot Thorin sitting in the shadows, a slight smile on his lips.

"Do you have a scar?" Kili asks.

"I dunno, probably will end up with one. But in the mean time, I got a bandage wrapped around me." I shrug.

"That was brave of you, lass." Dwalin states.

"I know, I'm just amazing." I grin, flicking my hair behind my shoulder for effect, making the company laugh.

"Berylla." I turn to see Thorin now towering over me, "Follow me. I would like to talk."

I gulp, nodding and following Thorin as he walks away.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

We walk for a while, in silence. We reach a balcony over looking a beautiful scene. Thorin rests his arms on the balcony, staring into the distance. I only just notice how amazing he looks. The wind whipping through his black hair and his ice blue eyes glistening in the moonlight.

"So...." I trail off, "What's up?"

"What you did back there...I just wanted to say it was really brave, Berry." Thorin says.

Wait, did he just call me Berry?

"Thanks," I smile, copying his position, "It must have been a big deal if you are complementing me." Thorin chuckles slightly

After a few seconds of silence, Thorin speaks again.

"You make me feel different." Thorin states. I turn to face him.

"What do you mean?"

"Whenever I'm near you, you seem to make me feel different." Thorin doesn't look at me, instead continues to look at the scene ahead of him, "I feel something for you Berry, and I'm not going to deny it." He now turns toward me, staring at me with those bright blue eyes, "My mother told me when I was younger 'You will find someone who will change you for the best. Protect you. Fight for you. Be with you no matter what. And most of all you will love them.'. Berry, before I met you, I didn't know I could feel such things like this." He took a deep breath, "I'm in love with you Berry."

I stood there shock. The heir of Durin, King under the mountain was in love with me - a simple Hobbit from the shire.

"I-I-" I didn't know what to say, so I blurt out 2 words.

"Kiss Me."

Thorin leans forward, his lips crashing onto mine. He wraps his strong arms around my small waist, pulling me close into his chest. I wrap my arms around his neck, having to stand on the tip of my toes to reach his lips properly. His lips rough against my soft ones. His tongue glides softly across my bottom lip, asking for enterance. I agree, letting his wet tongue into my mouth. After afew minutes, we pull away panting. Our foreheads resting against each other with a smile across both out mouths.