Chapter One

Stiles –

I am so sick of all this werewolf-kanima shit.

Seriously, I mean what the hell? It's hard enough being a damn teenager without all of this paranormal crap. I know I'm just a human and Scott's the one with the actual problems but I just spent way, way too much time holding Derek Hale up in the school swimming pool to care.

Sometimes I think they forget that I have feelings too, you know, the human that gets dragged into crazy werewolf situations that have totally nothing to do with him. I mean yeah, it's freaking awesome sometimes but right now, it's not so much my thing.

I stretched out in my computer chair after getting back from the school. My whole body ached from trying to stay afloat and avoid almost certain death from some weird snake-lizard creature. I kicked off my shoes which were still a little damp and stretched my toes.

I need a god-damn shower.

The hot water felt amazing running down over my body, like I could finally relax a bit. I soaped myself up and cleaned off that werewolf smell. Not just werewolf smell, wet werewolf. That is not pretty.

I turned off the water and wrapped a towel around my waist before walking out of the steam filled bathroom. I yawned a little as I walked back into my room and shut the door behind me. As I stretched my arms out in front of me I saw a shadow on the floor that didn't belong. I turned my head and almost fell on the floor with the shock of seeing Derek standing by the dresser.

"Holy-! What the hell Derek?" I leapt away and rubbed my eyes.

He looked me up and down and I became increasingly aware that I was naked. He gave me a bemused look and I held on tighter to my towel.

"I... uh why- what are you doing here?" I asked.

"Did you talk to Scott?" He said.

"About what? Look, haven't you spent enough time with me today?" I said.

He smirked. "Don't flatter yourself there, I need to see Scott."

"So go and break into his house, why is it always here? Why is it always me?" I muttered the last part to myself.

"He's not at home and I'm not stupid enough to hover around the Argent's garden looking for him. I know he is." Derek rolled his eyes a little.

I sighed. "Yeah he's a bit of a loose cannon when it comes to Alison."

Derek shook his head a little, his lips never moving from their thin line. He had his hands in his jeans pockets and a leather jacket covering his damp shirt. I felt a shiver run over me and looked over at the open window.

"Seriously? Do I need to start locking my windows to avoid late night visits from werewolves?" I asked and this time his lips twitched into a smile.

"You could, but I don't think you will."

"What does that even mean?" I asked.

"You ask too many questions."

"Well no one ever answers me!" I threw my hands up and my towel slipped a little causing me to grasp at it frantically.

Derek just laughed.

"Don't you have a pack to go play with?"

"And here I was thinking you were enjoying my company." He walked over to me and held his face close to mine. "If you get hold of Scott, tell him I'm looking for him." His eyes dropped for a moment before looking me in the eyes again. "By the way your towel is starting to slip again."