Chapter Twenty-Seven

A/N: You guys type faster than me! Anyway, as this story will be entered into the Wattys, it WILL be completed by November. That's because of the Watty cut off time. I wont be rushing the end, I had already planned for the end to come soon, namely in a few chapters time. So there is only about 2 weeks left before Dangerous Liaisons is done!

Once again thanks for reading and I hope you all love it!

P.S. The song on the side is for Scott and Isaac, ;p

                                                                  ~ ~ ~

“He’s what?!” Stiles said forcefully.

“Okay, Stiles, just calm down. All I know is that he’s just kind of… well I mean he’s disappeared.” Scott said, not helping one little bit.

“Well why would he do that? He said-” Stiles cut short, thinking maybe he had imagined the ‘I love you’ that he heard escape Derek’s trembling lips. “He wouldn’t just leave.”

“I know, I know, Boyd and Jackson are trying to figure it out now. Erica’s trying to put off calling Peter.” Scott said.

Stiles shook his head. No, he couldn’t just get up and leave. That’s not what Derek does. He did run away from everything after his family. He thought. Then again he knew that Stiles was getting better so why would he leave?

“He… I mean I don’t know him like you, but maybe Karissa got to him.” Scott said.

“What do you mean? What did she do?” Stiles asked, his throat really starting to hurt now.

“Well… she just kind of… I mean she may have called him toxic or something to that degree.” Scott winced a little and Stiles groaned.

“Yeah… he thinks that this is his fault, I bet.”

“Well it kind of is, I mean he should have told you and Lydia and-”

“None of this is his fault. Don’t blame him.” Stiles snapped.

He had no idea where his phone was and started to get cranky.

“Okay, sorry, I’m just saying he shouldn’t have let-”

“Scott, I would have gone alone if he had tried to keep me out of it. It’s not his fault, it’s my own, but he’s dealt with enough guilt and he thinks he’s doing the best thing.” He grunted again knowing that Derek was running because he had said that he loved him and that he feels responsible for almost killing him.

He will never back down from a physical confrontation; he doesn’t run from danger or from fear. He runs from anything that makes him care because he’s already lost too many things that he blames himself for and he doesn’t want to lose another one.

Derek thought that Stiles was the one who knew nothing about him but he was so wrong. Stiles could pick up on things too. He loved Derek and now he knew that he loved him back he was determined to find him.

“Where the fuck is my phone!” He tried to yell but clutched at his throat and winced hard.

“Stiles, you left it with Erica remember? It was totally screwed up from the water.” Scott said and Stiles’ heart sunk.