Chapter Twenty-Eight

A/N: You guys just like it so much because I tossed some Scisaac smut in there! ;p

Hope you like this one, for some reason when I write chapters I can never fit in as much as I thought I would, oh well. That just means more chapters for you guys!

                                                                  ~ ~ ~

One Week Later

Stiles had spent the week hanging out with his dad while his throat recovered. He had to get his cast changed yesterday because the stitches in his wrist were due to come out but otherwise he was much better. His dad even let him have some whiskey, said it would be good for his throat.

It was nice to spend time with his dad; it took his mind of the things that were worrying him most. Number one was Derek. According to Scott, he had left Beacon Hills for good with Peter. You could have knocked Stiles over with a feather when he told him.

“No, no he wouldn’t. He would never leave with him.” He had protested.

“Look, Peter came by and told us-”

“Well he’s a liar!”

“Well have you heard from Derek since you woke up?” Scott had said.

He was sitting in his room, just thinking about it and staring at his phone to see if Derek would call and trying to stop himself from sending another text. The last one he sent was yesterday.

After spending the last week off, his dad was now back to work and he was all alone in the big empty house. He heard a knock on the door downstairs and sighed.

For a moment he thought it could be Derek, but Derek would never just knock on the door. He got off his bed and headed out of his room and down the stairs to answer it.

As he opened the door he saw Erica standing on the porch and she turned to him with a smile. He tried to return it but somehow he knew that it wasn’t quite sincere.

“Hi Stiles.”

“Hey Erica, what are you doing here?” He said as he stepped back to let her in.

“I just wanted to talk to you.” She stepped through the door and he walked into the kitchen.

“Uh… did you want a drink or something?” He asked.

“Sure, I’ll just have a glass of water.” She sat on one of the chairs at the table and Stiles walked to the cupboard to get a glass.

He didn’t know why she was here but he wasn’t going to turn her away. The pack had been distant lately, he knew that they wanted him to get better and for him to spend time with his dad but with no Derek he had actually been quite lonely.

“Have you… have you heard anything from Derek?” She asked hopefully, having heard nothing from him either.

Stiles swallowed and shook his head. “No, no nothing.” He said as he handed her a glass and took a long sip from his.

She looked disappointed. “I’m sorry, I thought you might have.”

“Yeah, me too.” Stiles sat down opposite her. “So what are you doing here? I mean I don’t want to sound like an asshole but… yeah, I think I already did huh?”

She smiled. “I spend a lot of my time with Jackson, okay? I don’t think you could sound like any more of an asshole than him.”

Stiles scoffed. “Yeah, I guess you’re right.”