Chapter Five

“Derek!” I spun around to see Scott and Isaac loping towards me. “What’s going on?”

My eyes were still frantically searching the crowd as I responded. “Stiles is gone, he disappeared when the lights went out.”

“Well Jackson’s dead out there.” Scott said as he looked back to where his mother was still working on trying to save him. “So where could Stiles have gone?”

“Could someone else have taken him? Maybe he’s still here somewhere.” Isaac said.

“No he’s not here; his scent is only lingering from the game. Trust me he’s gone.” I said.

Scott looked over at Isaac who looked a little awkward. The deputies were attempting to calm the Sherriff but he was having none of it.

“I want an APB out on him now!” He yelled.

“Sounds like his dad is getting worried.” Isaac said and I looked at him with a piercing glare that shut him up pretty quick.

“Well we can't just disappear too! They’re going to want to question us about him and Jackson. Gerard was here earlier but maybe what Jackson did to himself has him running.” Scott said, I could see him scanning the faces around us and trying to pick up on Stiles’ scent but it wasn’t going to work.

“No, that’s not his style.” I said.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and looked down to see that I had three missed calls from Peter. I pursed my lips. There were bigger fish left to fry but I couldn’t just ignore the fact that Stiles was missing. That little fact was gnawing away at me, grinding the back of my mind to the point that I was beginning to get a headache.

“You two need to stay here. Find out what you can from the Sheriff and your mother.” I looked at Scott and he nodded. “I have to figure out what happened to Gerard. If Stiles is missing you can almost guarantee that he has something to do with it.”

“You’re going to try and find him?” Scott asked, a look of genuine concern on his face.

I nodded and Isaac took his arm to drag him back towards the group surrounding Jackson. I needed to find out what Peter wanted and then try and get back to track Stiles. I couldn’t just sit back while he was missing. The lack of his scent around me was even worse than the unbridled longing for him when I could smell him.

Why did it have to be that reckless, blundering human to trigger me?

Scott –

Derek was acting really weird, and I mean even weirder than usual. Maybe it’s all the stuff with Erica and Boyd being missing but I didn’t think he was all that close with his pack. I mean, Isaac was here with me rather than working with Derek and his secret alpha business. Something tells me that he knows more than he’s letting on.