Chapter Eight

A/N: Thanks again for reading on guys! It means a lot. I hope you like this chapter, I know it's kind of a filler but it ended up longer than I thought it would so I'm happy about that.

PLEASE tell me what you want to see more of in terms of the characters - more smut? smuttier smut? tender moments? playful banter? - I won't know unless you guys tell me!

Thanks again and PLEASE comment to let me know what you think!

                                                                         ~ ~ ~

A Week Later  –

Derek had been staying over at Stiles’ place far more often recently. He tried to let Stiles think that it was because he was keeping him safe, after he was taken by Gerard and beaten up, he would never let on that it was because he actually cared about him.

Stiles lay beside Derek, still fast asleep and snoring lightly with his mouth open. Derek was already awake, he had been for at least an hour but he wasn’t going to wake him up. His fingers stroked the short hair behind Stiles’ ear as he listened to the sound of his heart thumping slowly.

Stiles wasn’t the only one who stood up to Derek but he was definitely the bravest. The others gave him lip, Erica mostly, but he could shut her down with a harsh growl, the same with Jackson. Isaac tried his luck occasionally but never prevailed, and while Scott was the one to fight back to him the most he couldn’t force him to back down, he wasn’t Derek’s beta.

They all tried their luck, but no one pushed it quite like Stiles did and to make it more dangerous, he was a human. All of the others were werewolves and if Derek snapped and did them any harm they would heal. Stiles wouldn’t, and he knew it.

Sometimes Derek thought that he pushed the boundaries just to see how far he could go before he went too far. He’s been pushing it far too much lately because he knows that he can get away with it.

Derek hated how he could make him smile with his stupid sarcastic comments or witty jokes. He didn’t want Stiles to do that to him. He had always found it so frustrating until Stiles became a trigger.

He thought back to the moment he figured it out…

It was the night they were trapped in the school; he was left almost dead by the alpha. He had blacked out. He couldn’t remember anything. All he knew was that Scott and Stiles had a terrified look on their faces and then an agonizing pain began running through his body, then nothing.

When he came to he was lying outside the school and his first breath made him choke on the thick air around him. The scent that filled his nostrils was perfect, intoxicating. His body reacted to it faster than his mind could with his wolf breaking through the human barrier.

He didn’t know who it was or where they were but he could smell them and he wanted them. His ears tuned in to the sounds of voices in the school and he could hear five of them, five human voices.