Chapter Twenty-Five

A/N: Okay, so here is the next chapter guys. I know it was a little later than I have been with the last few chapters but I had a bit of a nervous breakdown this week. Sometimes life is a you-know-what.

I had to try and get this chapter out as fast as i could for you guys because you are all so amazing and you leave such wonderful comments and really you are the best fans/readers that I could have hoped for, so thank you. :)

Hope you like this chapter and don't have so many feels, even though it's long and full on, xo

                                                                    ~ ~ ~

Karissa sat in the back seat with Isaac on the drive to the clinic. She sat staring at him for the entirety of the trip which made him very uncomfortable.

“Do you have to do that?” He asked.

“What the hell have done to yourself?”

“Excuse me?”

“You don’t feel that pull? You aren’t at all even slightly attracted to me right now?” She said.

“Not at all, actually, I might even be a little bit repulsed.” He said.

“For the last time, I never killed anyone!” She hissed. “And whoever this guy is I can't wait to meet him because whatever he gave you works, and really well.”

“Who said he gave us anything?”

“Isaac, don’t engage with the psychopath.” Jackson said from the passenger seat.

“Why am I the psycho here? Because I’m a different creature to you? That’s basically racism.” She sneered.

“No, because you seem to find all of this amusing.” Jackson retorted.

“You know I’ve never met any werewolves before, you’re my first.” She smiled.

“Well I’ve never met a…”

“Maeve.” She said dryly.

“Whatever that is.” Jackson snorted.

“It means ‘she who intoxicates’. Don’t you think it fits?” she smiled again. “Some cultures like to add ‘demon’ in front of it because legends say she comes into the villages and rids them of their men and therefore cursing the village to a terrible fate.” She rolled her eyes.

“Are you some kind of feminist or something?” Isaac said.

“We have our own beliefs and ideas about how the world works as I’m sure werewolves do too.” She shrugged.