Chapter Twenty-Two

A/N: Oh. My. God. You guys are too much! I have keyboard fingers over here! I don't think I should sleep just so I can keep pumping out these chapters for you. But, I probably should sleep anyway.

You guys are so beyond amazing and I love your feedback and hearing your ideas. You are all such fangirl/boys. Me too, so that's okay! Hope you like this next chapter and remember to tell me what you think!

There are some big chapters coming up guys and this can probably be considered to be one of them so please enjoy it!

                                                                       ~ ~ ~

Stiles crashed through the hospital doors in a gurney, an oxygen mask over his face as he came groggily to. His throat was tight and his left arm felt like it was on fire. He saw blurry faces passing over him. He lay on his back and tried to focus on something as his vision became clearer.

Derek and Scott walked with the doctors as they headed into a ward room after having diagnosed him with an infection from the scratch. They said that it was making his throat swell and stopping him from breathing properly. They put on the oxygen mask to see if it was enough but they were sending him to a private ward in case they needed to intubate.

Melissa McCall was with them and helped them lift Stiles off the gurney and onto the bed in the ward. They had cleaned up his wounds, flushing them out in case of more infection and stitching them up before setting his badly broken wrist. Derek almost tore down doors to get into the rooms with him and to find out what was happening. The sheriff was on his way but so far it was only the pack there with him.

All but one of them.

Allison and Lydia had stayed at the car when the others flocked to Jackson’s howl. Their eyes were teary as they stood around his bed, still in shock. Derek held tightly to Stiles’ good hand, his veins turning black as he tried to take away some of his pain.

The doctors left Melissa to finish up the exam while they tried to find a way to treat him.

“Stiles… Stiles I need you to nod if you can hear me.” She said, pinching his shoulders.

He nodded and everyone in the room let out a collective sigh.

He pulled his hand away from Derek, who almost didn’t let him, and pulled the mask away from his face.

“You need to keep that on Stiles.” Melissa said, trying to pull it back on.

He shook his head and wheezed a few painful breaths. “…Erica…” He said.

“I know, we’ll find her but we need you to-” Scott said before Stiles shook his head, his voice rasping.

“…Find… her… I promised… phone… GPS…” He said before he was almost completely out of breath.

Derek lifted the mask to his face and quietly shushed him, stroking the side of his face. “I’ll get you a pen, you can write it down.” He said softly.

He nodded and Derek looked up. For a second everyone just stared at him before Melissa got the hint and grabbed her clipboard, ripping off a corner of paper for him to use.

His hands were weak and his eyes were still blurry but he took the pen and began to write down everything that he couldn’t say.

His writing was scrawled but they could still make it out.

Over stream, she has my phone, track her down, promised I would go back.

Derek read the note and nodded. “We will find her.” He said, hurting just as much that she was in pain and alone but overwhelmed with worry for Stiles.