Protecting Her

I stayed with Stiles all night, I only went home for an hour.. that was to change and shower when I got back he was looking at his hands... he looked so lifeless and for some reason this voice in my head gets louder and louder saying he's changed.

"Shay, please go home." He whines as I sit in a chair.

"No." I state.

"Shay you look tired."

"And you look the same." I state, looking at him he just rolls his eyes. "I'm going to the MRI too." I say rubbing my eyes.

"Shay, no... no no no no. Thats where I draw the line, Shay I can't have you there worried." He says now standing.

I stand as well. "Stiles why are you so worried, unless you hiding something what...." I don't finish due to a doctor coming in and Scott behind him.

"Stiles we need you in the the room." He says, I look at Stiles and he nods.

"Oh um okay." He says, he walks out of the room and I follow with Scott behind me, once we enter the room... Stiles is seated and talking with his dad.

"Scott I'm worried." I sigh.

"Shay I am too trust me."

"Shay he wants to talk to you then Scott." Sheriff states I nod, and walk into the room, where Stiles is.

"I'm gonna be okay you know." Stiles says grabbing my hand.

"Yea, but I'm worried... I can't lose you Stiles." I sigh looking at the ground.

"You won't, it's probably nothing. Shay I know it's nothing okay, I love you." He smiles I smile back and nod.

"I love you too."

"Always and forever." He smiles I giggle.

"Yea always and forever." He smiles he stands up and hugs me as I hug back, he kisses me forehead.

"Go with my dad okay." I nod.

"Ill be right behind that window." I say.

"Okay, and I'll be right here." I nod and let go of him, I was into the window area as Scott goes and talk to him, Scott looks like he's about to cry.

Scott's pov.

"Stiles you'll be okay." I state looking at him.

"Okay. You know what they're looking for, right? It's called frontotemporal dementia. Areas of your brain start to shrink. It's what my mother had. It's the only form of dementia that can hit teenagers. And there's no cure." I sighs, I know this is hard for him I see him look at the window I look hes looking at Shay who is talking to his dad with sad eyes and exhaustion written on her face.

"Stiles, if you have it, we'll do something. I'll do something." I state looking at him.

"Don't tell Shay, I told all of the doctors and your mom including her mom, along with me dad. I can't have her know..." he sighs looking at his hands.

"Stiles I can't keep something like this from..."

"Please Scott, she is hurting herself by being here.. you see it I see it she looks tired. Scott please whatever is going on with me you'll be there for her." He states looking at me, I see tears fall from his face as I nod I go and hug him.

"We will figure this out Stiles, cause I can't lose you either and I know for damn sure your father and Shay can't." I feel him nod, I let go and walk out with the window room with Shay, she sees me and hugs me. "We aren't gonna lose him I promise." I state as she nods. "Lets go." She nods. As we leave.

Stiles pov.

I'm sitting in here listening to the clank noise. I know shay and Scott left, I needed her to hopefully she is home sleep. Then it kinda goes dark just dimmed.

"Have you figured out my riddle yet? If you answer correctly, we might consider letting them go." I hear him ask the old man, what us he doing here.

"Letting who go?" I ask.

"The one you love, your friends. Your family. Everyone who ever meant something to you. We're going to destroy all of them, Stiles. One-by-one." I hear his voice, slow sticky.

"Why?" I ask trying to breath normally and not scared.

"Everyone has it, but no one can lose it. What is it?" He ask again I think and shake my head.

"I don't know."

"Everyone has it, but no one can lose it. What is it?" He ask again I can hear the anger rise in his voice.

"I don't know." I say again this time feeling a little angry.

"Everyone has it, but no one can lose it. What is it?" He ask this time right in front of my face.

"I don't know."

"You know who might know Stiles.... Shayla, she just arrived home... she sleep now you know I can actually take her and hold her... you can save her just tell me!" He yells I start to panic and think. "Come on Stiles the clock is ticking, do you hear it... that's Shayla breathing... soon she..." I don't let him finish as I find the answer.

"A shadow. There leave her alone please!" I yell then all of a sudden it dark, and I'm not me anymore.

Shays pov.

I get woken up, to talking downstairs I get up, and walk down there rubbing my eyes. "Whats going on?" I ask.

"Shayla go back to bed, it's nothing." My mom states I look behind her and see sheriff along with Scott.

"What is going on?" I ask this time not taking nothing for an answer.

"Shay, it's Stiles... he's gone again." Scott states.

"What?! What happened?" I ask.

"There was a power outage in the hospital and when it came on he was gone." Sheriff states.

"Okay, then why aren't you guys looking?" I ask.

"Because shay, we have a problem... we think he left himself." Scott states I look at him confused. "He wasn't sleep."