The Scroll

Stile pov

"I want to go back to the topic of guilt today. It might surprise you to hear me say that guilt is a good thing. It's a rather mature emotion. Malia, you said something about guilt the other day. You said it came with a visceral reaction." Ms.Morrell says talking to Malia, great I got stuck in group therapy with her, not only is she crazy but she is rude.

"I said it made me feel sick to my stomach." Malia states bland.

"Guilt often becomes physical. You feel it in your gut. It's not just psychological. How does guilt make you feel, Stiles?" I snap out of my trance, and clear my throat.

"I'm sorry, what?" I ask, I hear Malia snort as I roll my eyes.

Ms.Morrell sighs and repeats herself. "Guilt. What does it make you feel?"

"Nervous." I states she looks at me.

"Like a sense of urgency?" I nod. "You feel an urgent need to make up for something you've done. To apologize. These are healthy responses. Does anyone know what we call someone who doesn't experience guilt?" She ask the group.

"Sociopath." Oliver says.

"That's right, Oliver. I'm sorry, everyone, but we need to take a break." They all nod and stand up I stand as well before Ms.Morrell comes up to me. "Come with me, Stiles. I'd like to talk to you for a minute." I nod as we walk into her office.

Once we get in there she locks her door and turns me around and lifts my shirt up. "Okay whoa what going on, you know I have a very protective girlfriend who.."

"It's called a Lichtenberg figure. They appear on lightning strike victims." She says looking at me i look at her confused before she rolls her eyes and truns me around so I can see my back, in her office mirror I look and see what the hell. "The fact that they're appearing on you after a shot of Wolf Lichen is both significant and strange." She finishes as I stare at my back.

"By significant and strange do you mean hopeful and optimistic?" I state putting my shirt down and looking at her.

"When the marks fade, the Nogitsune's grip over you will return." She says handing me a bottle of pills.

"What are these? Sleeping pills?" I ask confused.

"Amphetamines. Sleeping is exactly what you don't want to do. You're vulnerable when you're asleep." She states sharply.

"So all I have to do is stay awake? For now. If your friends haven't figured out something by the time those marks are gone, I'll come find you." She says.

I look at her confused. "To tell me what to do?"

"No, to give you an injection. Pancuronium Bromide. It causes respiratory paralysis." She states what the hell.

"That sounds a lot like death." I states looking at her.

"It's used for lethal injection, yes." She sighs.

"So when the Nogitsune takes over, you're going to kill me?" I state looking her as she nods.

"I'm going to do what I've always done. Maintain the balance." She says clamly.

"Okay then. I've missed our talks. Thanks for the illicit drugs." I say sarcastically.

"Stiles. Stay awake." She saus as i leave once I do I walk into a little hallway door. I try and open it.

"What are you doing?" I gasp from getting scared I turn around and see Morrell seriously lady I just left your office.

"I need to get through here. To the basement." I state.