The Queen

When I pull in to the Stiles parking lot and hop out of the car I see sheriff and Allison, getting out the car while Chris pulls up. I turn and walk in, the house, the house seems quiet. I turn and look at them.

"He's not here." I state.

Sheriff looks puzzled. "Wh-what do you mean he isn't here?"

I look at him directly this time. "He isn't here." I state his puzzled face soon turns into distress. "He left he knew we were coming... we need to go to his room." I state walking up the stairs already, I hear the sounds of our foot steps as we walk up the wodden stairs once I'm the first to the top I walk to stiles bedroom door.

I stop in front of it and Starr for a moment, you ever feel a sudden urge of anticipation? Well I'm feeling that right now.. I snap out of my thoughts, and reach for the cold door handle I quickly turn it and push in when I walk in I suck in a sharp breath.

"Your right he isn't here." I hear Chris mumble, I frown slightly to my dismay. I was slightly hoping he was here so I can see him.

"Come look at this." I hear sheriff state I look and see he's at Stiles rest I walk over and, see they are looking at a chess board but it has sticky notes with our names.

"What is all this?" Allison ask with complete focus on her face.

"What are these sticky notes for?" Chris asked.

"This is what Stiles used to try and explain to me about all of you." Sheriff says looking at me.

"Cool, maybe it's a message from Stiles. The real Stiles." Allison says, With a glint if hope.

"You think there's any reason why Shayla is on the queen, and my name's on the king?" Derek states I look at the board and sure enough, I'm on the queen but not near Derek I'm near Stiles.

"Well, you're heavily guarded. Though I guess the alarming detail is that you're one move from being in checkmate." Sheriff states. "But Shay, your next to stiles I don't understand that.

"It's not a message from Stiles. It's a threat from the nogitsune. He's at the loft. That's what he's trying to tell us. And he wants us to come there. Night's falling. This couldn't sound any more like a trap." Chris says I nod. "I don't think it is. I think your opinion might be slightly biased Sheriff."

"Hear me out. What we're dealing with here is basically someone who lacks motive. No rhyme, no reason, right? Meaning what? Our enemy is not a killer. It's a trickster. The killing is just a by-product." Sheirff states.

"If you're trying to say it won't kill us, I'm not feeling too confident about that." Derek states.

I shake my head. "It won't. It wants irony. It wants to play a trick. It wants a joke. All we need to do is come up with a new punch line." I state looking at them sheriff nods.

"The sun is setting, Sheriff. What do you have in mind?" Chis says, sheriff looks at me.

"Shay how well do you think you can act." He say I look at him confused.

"Umm well I guess."

1 hour later at Derek's loft

"Okay you have to go in first he has to think your on his side." Sheriff state. "Along with me."

I sigh heavy and nod. "Okay." I state with my arrows on my back, and my arrow folded on my back. I walk towards the elevator door and walked in when it dinged.

"You've got this." I whisper to myself, my hands feel sweaty and I feel my heart beat fast, I hear the elevator ding again cause me to almost choke. The elevator doors open and I see the dark silhouette near the windows.. I walk out you it's so silent all you hear is my footsteps causing him to turn around, my heart stops.