Chapter 3: Love is For Children

"So... Tell me this: who's the guy?" Alice asked as I poured her a cup of coffee.
"What do you mean?" I asked.
"I'm not stupid, Riley" Alice said.
"Love is for children" I said giving her a cup of coffee.
"Don't be quoting the Black Widow" she said.
"But it's true" I said.
"Riley! It's been almost 3 years since Jack left. You need to get back out there. And you have your eyes on someone" she said.
"Chris" I said.
"Chris?" She asked smiling widely.
"Chris" I said.
"You like Chris?!" She asked.
"YES!" I said pouring myself a cup.
"He's cute. He's your best friend" she said, "it's perfect."
"I think you're overthinking things" I said.
"No" she said, "you and Chris should be together. He loves kids! And I want a nephew."
"You already have a niece" I said.
"Yeah but I want a little nephew" she said poking my stomach making me laugh.
"You know I'm ticklish there" I said slapping her hand.
"That's why I did it" she said taking a sip of her coffee, "but just think... Emma needs a dad."
"I don't know" I said.
"I know exactly who you should talk to" she said smiling.
"No" I said knowing exactly who she wanted to call.
"Yes" she said grabbing the phone.
"She's his mother!" I said reaching for the phone but she's much taller than I am.
"Yeah and she knows about love" she said dialing the number.
Moments later I was pouring a cup of coffee for my other best friend. Lisa Evans. Chris's mother. She smiled kindly at me as I gave her a cup. Emma was awake now and was sitting on the counter drinking chocolate milk. Lisa has always been there for me. She came to LA before and stopped by my house. I was actually pregnant with Emma that one day. Lisa, Carly, Shana, and Scott were the only Evans's that knew I was a mom. I smiled at Lisa as Alice waddled over.
"Oh my! Alice you look like you're about to pop!" Lisa said.
"Thank you Lisa. Twins are going to be very difficult" Alice said.
"So... Riley I hear you have feelings for Chris" Lisa said taking a sip of her coffee.
"I guess you could say that" I said.
"Well he needs someone. His ex broke up with him a month ago. They have been together for a year and she told him she loved him. Then she left" Lisa said.
"Sounds like Jack" Alice said.
"We do not mention his name in this house" I said.
"Correction: it's an apartment" she said.
"Shut up" I said smiling.
"Do you have wine?" Alice asked.
"You are not drinking wine while your pregnant" I said, "plus I don't have any."
"Oh not for me. I was gonna take it and give it to Emily" Alice said.
"Emily is such a loser" I said laughing. I forgot to explain about what my sisters look like. Alice has long brown hair and greenish blue eyes, she's only a little bit taller than I am but she's the oldest. Emily has short blonde hair and blue eyes, she's a few inches taller than I am.
"So Lisa... Can you help get the two love birds to go out?" Alice asked smiling.
"I have a great idea. I'm going to be having a Christmas party here soon. Wear your best dress and make yourself pretty. Of course you gotta doll up little Emma. But Chris will see how pretty you are. But me and Scott will help you" Lisa said.
"You're good" Alice said.
"But me and Chris already kissed" I said making both of them look at me.
"When?" Alice asked.
"Two days ago when we moved in" I said.
"Well that shows that he likes you too" Lisa said, "the party is tomorrow. This will be a big adventure." The rest of the time the three of us talked about life and what was going on. Lisa called Scott and he showed up. He's like a brother I've always wanted.
"Chris deserves someone like you" Scott said smiling.
"Really?" I asked.
"He won't stop talking about you" Lisa said as Scott was just loving up Emma. Emma and Scott are like best friends.
"Emma and me are picking out your dress" Scott said smiling.
"I'll do you makeup" Alice said.
"That means I get to do your hair" Lisa said.
"We'll give you advice during the party" Scott said.
"Let's do this!" Alice said as we all went back to my room. I sat on the bed and Emma sat on my lap as we watched Scott go through my closet. He found a beautiful dress. Emma agreed to it. Scott helped Emma pick out something as well. Lisa knew exactly what she'd do to my hair and Alice knew what she'd do for makeup. Should I be worried?