Chapter 16: Compitition

Emma sat on a chair in the backyard as I kicked Chris's but at Basketball. Me and him always were competitive. Emma sat there coloring and clapped every time I made it into the hoop. She also was keeping track of points. I ran around Chris and threw the ball into the hoop with SWOOSH! Emma held up a sign that said: 10! Chris started off with the ball but I blocked him from making a shot. I stole the ball and threw it into the hoop. I smiled as Emma clapped and held up another 10!
"BOOM!" I said getting up in Chris's face like we did when we were kids. He was much more intimidating now.
"Embug, what's the score?" Chris asked.
"Mommy has: 50. Daddy has: 20" Emma said. I smiled when she called Chris "Daddy."
"I WIN!" I said dancing like an idiot. Emma ran beside me and copied my stupid dance with a big smile.
"Girls rule!" Emma said giving me a high-five.
"$5" I said holding my hand out for the $5 that Chris had bet me. He took $5 from his pocket and gave it to me.
"You got lucky" Chris said.
"Rematch for $10?" I asked.
"No" he said.
"Scared to lose?" I asked throwing the ball at him hitting him in the chest when he caught it.
"Fine. Make it $20" he said.
"Deal" I said as he walked over and gave me the ball, "you're going down!" Emma ran over to her seat and made a new score board. I dribbled the ball slowly staring at Chris. Without a warning I ran around him and threw it into the hoop. I heard Chris mumble something.
"Hmm?" I asked.
"You're good" he said.
"I learned from the best" I said referring to him. He taught me how to play.
"I feel stupid" he said. As Emma wrote down the score. Chris started off with the ball and I blocked him from throwing it. I knocked it away from him and ran around him before throwing it into the hoop once again. Emma wrote the score with a smile.
"GO MOMMY!" Emma yelled. I bounced the ball in between Chris's legs before running around him again catching the ball and throwing it into the hoop. I threw the ball at Chris and he caught it. Soon the score was 80 to 20.
"If you get one more-" Chris started but I interrupted him by throwing the ball into the hoop.
"$20" I said holding out my hand for the money. He growled as he took the money from his pocket and put it in my hand.
"Good job, Mama!" Emma said running over and held up her arms toward me. I picked her up and balanced her on my hip.
"Never make a bet with me" I said smiling at Chris. I put Emma down and allowed her to go play. Okay sooooo let's say I have a little surprise for Chris. I've been feeling sick a lot so I started to get worried.
"I have something that'll turn that frown upside down" I said wrapping my arms around his neck with the biggest smile.
"Oh really. What?" He asked trying to pretend to be sad.
"I guess Emma would love to hear this as well!" I said loudly as Emma ran over to us, "I think you both will be excited to know that... Emma will be a big sister."
"Wait, what?" Chris asked shocked.
"Emma will be a big sister and you," I said poking Chris's chest, "are going to be a dad."
"I'm gonna be a big s-sister?" Emma asked and I nodded. She squealed like a fangirl and ran around the two of us with excitement. Next thing I knew I was being hugged tightly by my loving fiancé. He kissed me gently on my lips. I smiled against his soft lips and Emma ran over and hugged mine and Chris's legs. I was really excited.

Yay! Okay I want to say a few things.

I'm working on a bunch of new stories. It's crazy. I have a Colin Shea book started. I have a Before We Go story started. And now I'm working on a SnowPiercer story. I also see a Jake Jensen in the future😄 I'm trying to keep up with updating the other books. I know I'm falling behind. I'm trying to get everything done. I'll probably try and post the Before We Go story. It's called Night in New York. The Colin Shea story is called The Neighbor~ Kenlee Faith❤️❤️