Chapter 5: Date

I sat on the stairs of the school building listening to the sound of music inside the building. Today was prom and my date decided to ditch me. "Hey Cinderella! I think you forgot your shoe" said a familiar voice making me turn around to see my best friend, Chris.
"Thank you" I said, "why aren't you enjoying yourself?"
"Well she broke up with me... For her Ex" he said sitting down beside me.
"Ouch" I said drying my tears.
"May I?" He asked holding up my shoe.
"You may" I said as he slid the shoe onto my foot.
"Perfect fit" he said.
"Well it should be. It is my shoe" I said smiling. I always liked Chris. More than a friend.
"MOMMY!" Emma said hitting me in the face with a pillow.
"I'm awake!" I said sitting up on the couch.
"You're gonna be late for your date" she said dropping the pillow.
"Let me guess. You want to help me" I said and she nodded, "go ahead and pick out something nice." She ran to my bedroom and I slid of my couch. I walked to my bedroom to see a beautiful dress laid out on the bed. Emma stood there smiling.
"This is amazing" I said picking up the dress.
"Get dressed" she said walking out of the room. Once I was dressed I curled my hair and did my makeup. I walked out to see Emily sitting on the couch with Emma on her lap.
"You look beautiful, Riley" Emily said, "doesn't she, Goldie Locks?"
"Yeah" Emma said.
"Chris should be here any minute. The house looks like a wreck" I said picking up trash.
"Riley Annabelle Matthews. I'll clean up" Emily said.
"Emily Maria Matthews, you will not" I said.
"You don't have a say in this. I'm your older sister and you're the baby in the family" She said with a smirk.
"Fine I guess I'll-" but I was interrupted by someone knocking on the door. I walked over and opened the door to see Chris in a tux with a dozen red roses.
"Hey Christopher!" Emily said smiling.
"Hey Loser" Chris said then he looked at me, "you look amazing."
"So do you" I said.
"Oh my god you two are really awkward" Emily said.
"Bye" I said as Emma jumped off Emily's lap and ran over to give me a kiss.
"Be good for Aunt Emily, okay?" I said and she nodded. I kissed her cheek before saying bye again.
"Don't have too much fun!" Emily called as I shut the door. Me and Chris began to walked down the stairs.
"You look beautiful" he said.
"Thank you Christopher" I said as we walked towards his car, "you look handsome."
"You have no idea how long I've waited for this day" he said as he opened the car door for me.
"So where we going for dinner?" I asked
climbing in.
"It's a surprise" he said closing the door. He walked over to his side and climbed in.
"Give me a hint" I said.
"Nope" he said closing his door and started the car.
"Come on!" I said as we pulled out of the parking lot.
"You'll love it" he said as we drove past a few buildings soon we stopped in front of a fancy restaurant.
"You didn't!" I said.
"Oh but I did" he said smiling.
"You're good" I said as I exited the car. The two of us exited the car and entered the restaurant. I felt my heart flutter when he put his arm around me.
"Reservation under Evans" he said.
"Right this way sir" said a host as they showed us to a table. It was amazing. There was a bucket with a bottle of wine and there was a vase with a dozen red roses.
"Oh wow" I said as Chris pulled out my chair for me and I sat down, "thank you."
"No problem, Riley" he said smiling. The sound of the piano began to play a soft tune making me smile. I hummed along to the tune as I looked at the menu. Chris loves the piano.
"I remember when we were 13 and you were trying to teach me how to play the piano" I said smiling.
"I'm better than I use to be" he said as he took a sip of his glass of wine. The music was so relaxing and romantic. I knew exactly what I wanted for dinner. I was interested in the spaghetti for tonight.
"Maybe you could teach Emma" I said putting down my menu as Chris poured me a glass of wine.
"I would love too" he said smiling as I took a sip of the wine.
"So Chris how is your acting coming along?" I asked.
"Well I get some time off before May 1 because that's when Age of Ultron comes out in theaters and we have a premier. I would like it if you and Emma came with me" Chris said.
"That's very nice of you" I said smiling.
"So this will be Emma's first Christmas in Boston?" He asked.
"Yeah" I said.
"That's great!" He said.
"Chris?" I asked.
"Hmm?" He hummed.
"You know for as long as I can remember I've always dreamed of going on a date with you. Now it's all coming true" I said smiling.
"So you want to be a thing?" He asked.
"I would love to be a thing" I said.
"Great because I've always dreamed of this as well" he said. Soon we ordered our food and talked some more. I told him about my life in LA and everything about Emma. He adored her. She adored him. After dinner he drove me back to the apartment. We walked up the stairs and stopped at the door.
"Well I had an amazing night" I said smiling.
"So did I" he said as I found ourselves leaning in. Soon I felt his soft lips against mine. It felt so right. It felt like we belonged together. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed back. I felt him smile against my lips making me smile as well.
"Would you like to come inside?" I heard someone say as we both broke the kiss and looked at Emily who was smiling widely, "I'll leave you two lovebirds. Oh and don't forget that Emma is still in the apartment."
"Emily!" I said my face probably red.
"Buh bye" she said running to her car. The two of us entered the apartment and Emma came running to us.
"Mommy!" She said happily as I scooped her up in my arms and kissed her cheeks.
"Hi sweetie" I said balancing her on my hip.
"How was your date?" She asked.
"It was lovely" I said as Chris put an arm around me.
"Yay! Chris do you want to play tea party?!" Emma asked Chris.
"I would love too" Chris said as the three of us went back to Emma's room to have a little Tea Party. This will be a very fun adventure.