Ch. 4 - Stay with me *Edited*

The next day, I walked into to work with a good feeling. I went straight to the main office and got my first task, which was handing out medicine cups to patients, as usual.  I was currently on the 8th floor giving out medicine to the patients on that floor. Once I had finished that, I took the elevator down to the 5th floor and walked down the hallway, stopping at every room to give medicine to the patients. 

I got to the room at the end of the hall, which belongs to patient #356.  I was about to knock when I remembered that he would be in the isolation room for the next 10 days. I kept wondering how he ended up down there, but I eventually shook it off my mind so that I could focus on my work. I got on the elevator once again, being accompanied by 3 other female nurses. They were busy whispering to each other when I heard them say something about patient #356 and why he was in the isolation room. It sparked my interest so I decided to listen in on what they were saying.

"I heard that patient #356 stabbed the security guard with a knife and they had to have three other security guards go at him before they could pull him off." The first nurse said. 

"Well, I heard he beat a guy from the mental ward and almost killed him because he called him stupid." The second nurse said. 

The third nurse stood quietly beside them, just listening to the conversation, until the other nurses called her out.

"Hey Lillian, do you know what happened?" Both nurses asked her in curiosity.

"N-no, actually can we not talk about him? I'm really scared of him." She said quietly, practically shaking.

"Okay, don't worry everyone in the building is scared of him." The other nurses responded to her. 

The elevator stopped at the 1st floor and we all got off. I kept wondering if he actually did that stuff, and if he did, why? What did he do to make everybody so scared of him? What is the real reason why he is down there?

I went to cafeteria, got the food for patient #356, and then went to the basement to go to the isolation room. I unlocked the door to the isolation room, put the key back into my pocket then pushed the door open. 

I saw him there, sleeping on an old rusty, metal bed with a thin mattress placed in the back right corner that I hadn't noticed the day before. I walked over to him and set the tray down on the table bedside the bed, which seemed to have also just been put there. He was sleeping with his back facing me, so I slightly rolled him over so that he was laying on his back. He was sleeping soundly and every once in a while he would let out light snores or scrunch up his face like a baby. I lightly giggled to myself before shaking him awake. He woke and sat up, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. He finally noticed my presence and looked at me with the same bored eyes and stone hard face. 

"Oh, you're back." He said with a lighter tone than I expected.

"Um.. yeah, I'll be down here every day to give you your food until you get out." I stated, staring at the wall behind him. 

"Fine by me." He responded before getting up and stretching.  

I hesitated and thought for a while before I asked my next question.

"If you don't mind me asking, why are you down here?" I asked, looking down at my fingers. 

I could feel his gaze as he stared at the top of my head before walking towards me and then stopping right in front of me. I kept my head down until I felt him put two fingers on the bottom of my chin then lifting my head up. When he had finally brought my head up all the way, we locked eyes and stared into each other's for what seemed like hours. He finally tore his gaze away from mine and sat on the bed he had been previously been sleeping on.

"Honestly, it's a long story." He said suddenly.

"Huh?" I asked confused.

"I beat this guy to a pulp for a reason that's not important to you." He responded looking into my eyes once again.

"Why would you beat him up if it's not important?" I responded, slightly confused with the situation.

He patted the spot next to him on the bed signaling for me to come sit by him. I slowly walked over to the old, metal bed and sat down next to him.

"Listen, What's your name?" He asked

I suddenly realized that I had never even told him my name.

"I'm Sapphire, Choi Sapphire." I stated

"Well then Sapphire, I need you to know that I'm not normal." He said with a hard tone. 

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I don't think it's right for you know yet. " He said, looking at me.

"That's fine." I responded.

It was silent for about two minutes before I stood up and spoke.

"I think I should be leaving now, my shifts over already." I said, realizing that it was around ten o'clock and my shift ended about 30 minutes ago. 

He didn't respond, just looked at me with an expression that I couldn't quite put my finger on. I turned around and headed for the door but the sound of his deep voice ringing in my ears brought me to a halt.  

"Wait!" He shouted, coming after me and grabbing my wrist.

"Yeah?" I said, turning around to face him.

"Don't leave, stay here for tonight, please?" He said looking at me with pleading eyes.

I stayed silent shocked by this new side of him.

"Please, don't leave." He pleaded once again.

I stared at him for a few minutes more before answering.

"Okay, I'll stay with you." I said looking into his, what seemed to be, teary eyes. 

He pulled me by the wrist and embraced me in a hug, one arm around my waist, one hand on the back of my head, and my body pressed firmly up against his. He sighed in content and embraced me tighter.

"Stay with me."

×××××××××××××

 Oh my.....