Ch. 5 - Assignment List *Edited*

I woke up the next day wrapped up in Patient 356's arms, who was still sound asleep on the old, metal bed. I carefully and quietly untangled his arms from my waist then stood up from the bed. I looked at my watch and saw that it was around ten o'clock and my shift was gonna start in about twenty minutes. I straightened out my uniform and ran my fingers through my hair before quietly leaving the isolation room.

I went to the restroom to make sure I looked presentable for my shift. Unfortunately, when I got there Ms. Hellfire was also present in the bathroom. She finished washing her hands and was about to leave the bathroom when she noticed my presence.

"Oh! Sapphire, why are you here so early?" Ms. Hellfire asked.

"Usually, there is traffic on the way here, but today there was none so I arrived early. " I lied straight through my teeth.

What I really wanted to say was: "Oh, I just slept in the isolation room with patient 356, no biggie.", but I knew if I said that patient 356 and I would probably get in trouble. What the actual fuck am I thinking? We would get in trouble.

"Oh, okay." Ms. Hellfire replied, looking at me skeptically.

With those words said, she exited the bathroom. I did what I needed to do in the bathroom, then went to the main office to get my assignment list. When I got my list, I saw that it was at least two times longer than it usually is. I went to Ms. Hellfire's office to see why it was so much longer than usual. When I got there the door was wide open, so I walked in.

"Ms. hellfire?" I asked.

"Yes?" She responded.

"I just wanted to know why my assignment list is so long today. " I said.

"Oh, well I thought since you got here early you wouldn't mind doing a few extra things," She said, looking at her computer screen.

A few? A fucking few? By a "few" she means a hundred, then yeah, a "few".

"Oh, Okay," I said slightly irritated, gritting my teeth as I walked out.

Who the hell does she think she is? Giving me extra things to do when she knows I don't have time to do them. Especially, when I have to take food to patient 356.

Well, I guess I better start working now If I want to get this done.