Ch. 29 - Running. *edited*

*Sapphire's POV*

Banging on the heavy motel door awoke me from slumber. I rolled onto my side to look at the door, the stiff bed creaking under me, and saw that the door was shaking from all the pressure being applied to it.

"Police, open up!" A gruff voice yelled.

I quickly turned to face Yoongi, my hand landing on his shoulder and shaking him violently in an attempt to wake him.

"Yoongi, wake up the fuck up, they're here!" I whisper-yelled.

He groaned tired and rubbed his eyes, "What?"

Another swift crash at the door had both of us shooting out of the bed, it was evident they were trying to break the door down.

"How did they find us so quickly?!" I asked.

He threw my backpack to me and I slipped over my arms, "They probably tracked the license plate."

I jammed my feet into my converse and walked over to the window, opening it and popping out the mesh screen.

"It'll be a tight fit but I'm sure you've got the hang of it now, doll." Yoongi smiled at me.

We both squeezed through the window, taking off running as soon as our feet hit the ground. Whilst running, Yoongi turned around and grabbed something from his bag, throwing it through the window of the room we were in.

"Run faster!" He yelled.

"Why, what was that?" I yelled.

My question was answered when the motel behind us blew up into a fiery mass, the heat from it wafting over us.

"Jesus fucking Christ!" I screamed.

We continued to run, our feet pounding against the pavement amd the police hot on our heels. After a sharp turn to the right, the police got a bit trigger happy and fired off a few rounds. One of the stray bullets grazed my arm, tearing my skin and leaving a minor cut.

"Fuck!" I hissed at the pain, my speed slowing ever so slightly.

"Don't slow down!" Yoongi yelled at me.

I turned his words into actions and sped up, returning myself to Yoongi side as we ran in unison. As we neared the end of the street, we saw what seemed to be an abandoned shopping mall.

Yoongi tugged on my arm, "Go there!"

We darted towards the broken doors of the mall, running into an old store as we entered. We hid being a rack of dusty clothes, the particles tickling my throat as I breathed, tempting me to cough.

While catching my faltering breath, I turned to Yoongi, "What do we do now?"

He wiped his mouth with the back of his hand, "I'm not sure."

I hope he figures out it soon, because the amount of running I've been doing is starting to worry me, I shouldn't be running at all.

The worn down mall had no lights, but from the sunlight pouring in we could see the police starting to move in, their guns pointed in front of them. One officer made his way into the store we were currently hiding in, shining his light over every inch of the cob-web covered store.

Yoongi moved from behind the clothing rack, and stood behind the officer. He tapped harshly on his shoulder and the officer whipped around, ready to shoot but was met with his fate as Yoongi snapped his neck to the side, killing him instantly. I don't know how Yoongi had done it, but he had managed to snap his neck so hard that part of the officers jagged spine had protruded out of his skin.

"Fucking pig." A familiar deep voice growled, spitting of the officers dead body.

Yoongi's sudden increase in strength was explained because it wasn't Yoongi who had killed the officer, but someone I hadn't seen in a while.

"Suga... " I breathily whispered.

He turned around and flashed me a million dollar smile before snatching up the officers gun and tossed it to me.

"No, you take it." I said, gesturing for him to take the gun.

"No, sweetheart, I don't need it." Suga's gruff voice spoke.

I looked onto his pitch black eyes and traced down the black veins on his face and neck, nodding in agreement.

"Ok, good," He rubbed his thumb against my cheek, "Now, let's get going."

------/------

yeah, I know it's short but the past two chapters have kinda just been leading up to the last chapter so they're not that important

trololol

bye ♡