Chapter 2

Chapter dedication to: Mialovesdinos !

She's been supporting me since Distance and have been  voting and commenting on my stories. You'll never know how much it means to me. Thank you. Stay awesome, my friend. xx

========

Chapter 2

Taryn's POV

"Hello sweetie. Please, take a seat!" Simon smiled warmly at me.

I gave him a smile and sat on the nearest seat. I'm not gonna lie, I'm really nervous. I mean, who wouldn't be!? He's THE Simon Cowell, the supposed mean judge. I just have to get myself ready for anything.

"Can you all please give a second?" Simon asked his make-up crew.

They all agreed and left immediately. Now i'm even more petrified, yet thrilled. I'm infront of a HUGE celebrity. But we're alone in a room, and God forbid.

He might not have meant all the nice things he said back then. Maybe he now has insults and criticism to throw at me, maybe he wants to take the yes he gave me and just send me back home and make sure that i won't be getting any of the success I strive for.

"Don't be scared i'm not gonna hurt you or anything." Simon smiled as he sat on the couch infront of me. I gave him a small nod and smile. Well, that was a relief.

"I actually asked you to come here because I needed to tell you something.. More like a.. confession-err.. or a revelation if you may." He said and the thoughts starts coming back, it really might be a revelation that i really am not a good singer after all!

"I don't... know what you're talking about.." I frowned a bit, my heart beating in my throat.

He sighed and got up, handing me a folder.

I gulp in confusion and nerves as I opened it revealing  pictures of him and my... my mum.

"Julia Mae Henricks. The only girl I ever loved." He stated.

"This is my.."

"Your mom. I know." He nodded.

I sat there, flipping through picture to picture to picture. Then I stopped once I reached a picture of a baby with him and my mom.

My eyes widened, breath increased. Eyes started to get watery just by looking at my mom's pictures.

"You're.." I stuttered as I looked up at him. "My father." I said gasped.

"I think so too." Simon smiled sadly.

I studied his face expression, he seemed sad yet happy to meet me. Mixture of guilt, pity, sadness, happiness and... Well, let's just say mixed emotions.

I stared at him and the picture in my hand. Tears started to escape. I threw the pictures on the chair and ran up to my father for a hug. He tensed up for a second but relaxed immediately and hugged me back, rubbing my back in circles.

"I'm really sorry for not being part of your life for the past 16 years, darling. I tried looking for you and your mum in the UK but gave up around 10 years ago. It never occured to me that you actually might be in the US already. I regretted picking my career over you guys, and I promise to not make the same mistake again, if you just forgive me." Simo-errr my father sobbed.