Chapter 18

"I hate to break up this cute little mess, but the guys want to swim." Holly said as she tapped on our shoulders.
     I looked up to see her wearing my black bathing suit, I shook my head and got up.
     Hunter followed me as I walked towards the back door.
      We were about to walk in when a the boys came rushing out and jumped into my pool.
     I laughed as Holly yelled as Jacob grabbed her around the waist taking her with him.
      Hunter took my hand and led me inside.
     We sat at the island and he asked me if I wanted to do one last broadcast before he left.
     I smiled weakly and shook my head.
      The broadcast made me feel so much better. We had so much support.
      Everyone was telling us how we could make it work and how #Winter was forever. I smiled and laughed at Hunter and his antics.
      My phone started buzzing a number from California was calling. I didn't know anyone from California.
     I looked confusedly at the number and Hunter took the phone from my hand and answered.
     A girl screamed and was yelling about how she knew it was my number.
    Hunter's face dropped and he yelled "Oh my god, please don't leak her number!"
     I shook my head when the girl kept saying she wouldn't.
      "Seriously guys, if you have my number, Willow's or any of ours don't freaking leak it, okay?"
     The comments kept saying how they wouldn't, but all
of a sudden my phone went crazy.
      Messages were flooding in and I kept getting call after call.

"Are you fucking kidding me?!" I yelped then slapped my hand over my mouth.
     Hunter broke out in laughter then said "You cussed! You never cuss!"
     I laughed and shook my head. He wrapped his arms around me and laughed with me as my phone went berserk.
     Finally, it slowed down enough for me to put it on 'Do Not Disturb'.
     We finished the broadcast and logged off.
     Hunter and I went into the living room and watched several movies curled up in the couch.
      "You know, maybe I could stay longer." he yawned.

"Are you serious?" I jerked around to look at him.

      "Well, I could ask. The worst that could happen is my mom say no."

"Oh, yea..Hunter she probably wants you back home. It's fine, I don't want you to be away from your family." I looked at my lap and turned back around to lay against him.
     My mood was crushed, I didn't want him to go.
      Holly would still have Jacob and that wasn't fair.

      "Hey, look at me" Hunter turned my chin so we were eye to eye. "You aren't gonna lose me."
     I smiled weakly and buried my head in his chest.
      I drifted into a dreamless sleep with his arms around me.
      What felt like only seconds later I was woken up by Hunter saying "Hey, Willow. It's like 1 a.m. Do you wanna go to bed?"
      I shook my head sleepily as he picked me up bridal style and carried me up the steps and to my bed.
        He laid me down, him beside me, but I couldn't get back to sleep.
       I listened as he took steady breaths.

       "You can't sleep either?"

"Did I wake you up, I'm so sorry."

      "No, I've been waiting for you to fall asleep. I can't sleep."

"Wanna go downstairs and make cookies?"

      "Strange, but fun. Let's do it." he laughed.

      We got up and tiptoed down the stairs.
      I picked my phone up off the island and saw that it was still going, but a lot slower now. I would definitely need to change my number.
        The time read 2:08 a.m. I walked to the fridge and pulled out some chocolate chip cookie dough.
      Hunter turns the oven on and we put the cookies on the sheet and slid them into the oven.
       He sat a timer on his phone and I sat on the island as he leaned against the counter across from me.
     We stood in comfortable silence for several minutes, before a smile spread across Hunter's face.
       Seeing him smile made me smile.

      "Why're you smiling?"

"Because you are, I told you I love your smile."

       "Willow Abernathy, how did I get so lucky?" he sighed as he walked forward and wrapped his arms around me.
      I wrapped my legs around him and pulled him into a hug as I said "I have no clue."
     He let out a quiet chuckle as he pulled back and smiled at me.
      "Seriously though, I am."

"Hunter Bryce Rowland, I think we both got pretty dang lucky."
     He laughed and leaned forward, my eyes started to close just as I heard a throat clear.
       I turned around to see a shirtless Blake standing in the entrance to the kitchen.

      "Sorry, I was just really thirsty." Blake mumbled.
      Hunter smiled at him, then looked at the floor as his cheeks reddened a little.
      I suppressed a giggle, poor Hunter. He's embarrassed he got caught.
     I looked over to see Blake looking at me.
     I smiled at him weakly as he shook his head and looked at the ground. He walked out as I watched him go.
     The alarm went off, telling us the cookies were done.
      Hunter jumped a little and pulled away.
      I slid of the counter and grabbed an oven mitt. I pulled the cookies out of the oven and sat them on top of it to cool.

"So, did you have fun turning my life upside down?" I mused.

      "I'll have to admit, it was a great time."
       I laughed at his answer, of course he did.
     I put the cookies on a plate and sat them on the counter.
     I sat in a stool and Hunter beside me. He reached for the cookies immediately.
     I laughed as he dropped and yelled about it being hot.

"I just took them out."

      He rolled his eyes and picked up again. I pulled my phone out and got onto snapchat.
      I took a picture of him eating the cookie and captioned it "2 a.m sweets w/ my sweetie🙂"
     I couldn't help, but smile at him, he may have turned my life upside down, but I was sure as hell glad he did.
     We finished the cookies and went back upstairs.
     I fell asleep in his arms for what felt like the last time.