Chapter 23

It was 3 a.m and i'd finally came back in. I literally ran from my problems for 2 hours, except it was more of a slow moping walk.
     I was sitting on the island in their kitchen when I heard someone coming down the stairs.

      "Willow..I can't sleep." I heard Ashton say sleepily.

"Are you sure, you sound awfully tired." I said as I helped him onto the counter beside me.

     "I woke up because I heard you leave."

"Oh, I'm back now, don't worry."

      "I thought you weren't gonna come back."

"Why would you think that? I'd never just leave."

"Hunter said you guys weren't getting along, so I thought you might be going back home."

"He said that?" I felt hurt, I thought we'd been doing great up until now.

     "Yea..well he said you were drifting apart."

"Why'd he tell you?"

      "He was telling Brandon before you came, but i heard him."

"Oh?"

     "Are you leaving now?"

"Of course not." I smiled "I Could never leave my little boy friend." I hugged him to me tightly and felt him hug me back and giggle into my shoulder.
     I quietly helped him up the stairs and put him back to bed.
     He asked me to stay with him until he fell asleep and we watched a movie while we both drifted off to sleep.
     I woke up to the sun shining through the curtains.
     I sat half up and cracked my neck, oh my god I slept wrong.
     I looked down to see Ashton cuddled into me and smiled.
     I tried to lightly pry Ashton's arms off me and failed.
     I laid back and sighed.

"Ashton?"

      "Willow?"

"You're awake?"

      "Yea." He said looking up at me and smiling.

"Please let me go then." I laughed.
      He let go of me and I got up and grabbed my phone off the pillow.
     I tried to check the time but it was dead.

     "Willow?"

"Ashton?"

      "Please, don't tell Hunter I told you what he said."

"Don't worry bud."
     I smiled then headed downstairs. It was a Saturday, so I assumed everyone was trying to sleep in.
     I walked into the kitchen and smelled food being made.

     "Oh, Willow you're up." Christine smiled at me.

"Yea, what time is it? My phones dead."

      "It's only 9. You can go back up to bed if you want." I smiled and nodded before heading back up stairs. Sleep sounded great.
     I stopped in the hall, back to Ashton or back to Hunter? But the decision was made for me, I needed to charge my phone and Hunter had my charger. If I sneak in their and just grab that, then Ashton's room and movies here I come.
     I tiptoed down the hall, past Brandon's room and stopped at Hunter's.
     I slowly opened the door and cringed at the noise it made.
     I peaked around and saw Hunter asleep, I stepped into the room.
     I looked around after shutting the door and noticed that he'd put my suitcases on his top bunk.
     When'd he do- "If you didn't wanna stay in here you could've just said that." I heard Hunter say quietly.

"I-uhm-I went for-" He quickly cut me off.

     "A walk, yea I know. Ashton asked me if you were leaving last night." He stood up to face me.

"You don't have to have such an attitude."

     "I don't ha-" It was my turn to cut him off.

"No, what's your problem Hunter? You told all of them that my mom's got a freaking lump, oh and I had to find that out from Blake! Really? Oh, then I go for a walk to cool off and I get back and Ashton tells me right before I got here you were talking to Brandon about how we weren't working and we were drifting apart? Because that confuses me, if my phone wasn't dead I'd pull up some messages about how you thought we were actually making the whole long distance thing work."
     I saw him falter. Something flashed through his eyes.

     "Willow..I-I didn't mean it. Just..everything's been-" I cut him off again. I couldn't stop the tears, they started slipping out of my eyes and I kept wiping them away as I yelled "No Hunter! If this isn't working, I can go home. Don't worry about me. If you want this done, we'll be do-" I was cut off by Hunter hugging me tightly.
     I pushed him away and said "No! Don't even act like everything's okay when it isn't."

     "Willow, Willow baby. I know what I said and I know I can't take it back, but please." He reached out and grabbed my hands to stop me from wiping my tears. "I love you Willow Abernathy, I really really do."
     I felt his arms wrap around me again and I hugged him back. He pulled back and smiled at me "I think that shirt looks better on you than me."
     I laughed a little through the tears that were stopping and felt Hunter wipe them away.
     I blinked several
times and looked at him, that look was back.
     He pulled away and walked over to his bed and grabbed my charger out of the wall and handed it to me.

     "I know Ashton wants you to go back and snuggle." He smiled at me lightly.
     I left the room quietly, but couldn't get that look out of my head.
     I'd never seen it before, it was as if he was tired, or like he was looking for something he couldn't find.
     I crawled back into Ashton's bed as he smiled at me and laughed asking if we could watch a movie before he fell back to sleep.
      I agreed and we did, but as the house got quiet again and Ashton fell asleep, I couldn't get that look out of my mind.
     Were Hunter and I really drifting apart and not working anymore?