Chapter 26

It's been 3 days since I got back home. We've been to doctors everyday and they finally think it's a type of skin cancer, they're going to remove the lump from her side.
But I haven't had a word from Hunter, maybe he's just busy? He's been broadcasting though and posting.
      I've thought about calling, but knew if he wanted to talk he'd call.
       The surgery was scheduled for tomorrow morning and I put everyone I thought might want to know in a group message.
       A couple replies of "I hope she's okay", but nothing from Hunter. I've been fine though, Jacob and Holly have been camped out in my living room in a giant blanket fort we'd made.
      Also Blake and I have been keeping in touch more and more. He listens, actually responds..
      Hunter said "Winter forever", but I think we were just a flurry that blew past to quickly for both of us.
      I think he may want us to be done, but he doesn't want to hurt me.
     I decided to text him.

Me: "Hey, Hunter..can we talk.", no reply. I waited until lunch time and texted Christine, "Hey, can you have Hunter text or call me?"

Christine:"Of course. 🙂 I hope your mom is okay and the surgery goes well tomorrow."
Me:"Thanks, I miss you guys s'much!"
Christine:"We miss you too! 🙂"

     Hunter's mom liked me more than he did, I shook my head and waited for a call that never came.
      I fell asleep in the living room and woke up to tons of messages coming through at a time.
      I squinted at the screen and noticed Blake texting me reapetedly and my social medias going crazier than usual.

      "Willow! Wake up! Watch this!!" I heard Jacob yell as he shoved Holly's laptop in my  face.
       It was Hunter's broadcast, I watched in silence until he said "Okay, what you're all here for, the story of "Winter"." I watched in somewhat of a daze as he talked about us and me visiting and about how my mom got sick and then he said "The real question is "Is Winter still alive?" Well, I hate to say it, but not so much. I know, it makes me really sad too, but you can't force what isn't meant to be, right?"
     I shut the laptop and leaned back into the pillow i'd been using. I was right, he wanted us over.

      "Why didn't you tell us you broke up?" Holly asked obviously upset.

"I didn't know we did." I whispered so quietly that I couldn't believe they heard it.
     They looked at me for a second before Jacob shook his head and said "Holl, let's give her a minute." they left our blanket fort and I heard my phone ding once again.

Hunter: "You were watching? Omg, I'm so sorry. It's just we've been drifting apart ya know? and I don't want either of us in a relationship that makes us sad."
Me:"I totally get it, I really do. :-) I hope you're happy though and I hope we can stay friends." I typed quickly as the screen became blurry as tears filled my eyes.

Hunter:"I'd love that! I'll text you tomorrow or something?"
Me:"Mkay, sounds fine." and then I stared at the blanket that was my current ceiling.
     Another ding, another, another, and another. I finally checked the phone. Message after message from Blake.
     First he was yelling about Hunter doing what he did, then he was upset with me and now he's mad again, yelling about how "Hunter doesn't know what he had." I turned over onto my side and turned my phone off, I really didn't want to deal with any of this drama.
     I stared at the wall until I slowly drifted to sleep, my eyes gritty from tears.