Chapter 27

I sat in the half lit room in silence while I waited for my mom to wake up, the surgery went well and they said they didn't have to take out as much as they thought, so she'd up and moving again in several weeks.
I was happy and sad at the same time. Happy she was okay and that it wasn't serious, but sad because I knew she missed work, she was a traveling nurse and she missed helping others, I could tell by the way she'd try to baby and take care of Holly, Jacob, and I.
"Willow?"

"Mama, you awake?"

"Where-where are we?"

"The hospital, you just got out of surgery." I said while I walked to her side and took her hand in mine gently.

"You're fine, it wasn't as bad as thy thought. They didn't have to take as much." I have her a weak smile.
She smiled at me and whispered "I'm so thankful for you honey. Meeting your dad wasn't a mistake bc if I hadn't is have never had you." she squeezed my hand.
I could feel my chest swell with love, I was so happy she was okay. We'd get through everything together.
There was a knock on the door and I turned to see Jacob and Holly stroll in hand in hand Jacob carrying a vase full of roses.

"Most beautiful flowers for the most beautiful patient." he smiled as he set the case down on her small tray like table.

"Jacob,no need to suck up. I can't run away right now. " my mom shot back with a little laugh.

I laughed as Jacob's face dropped and he said "I see where Willow gets her...uhm fire from."

I giggled and asked if I could step outside for some fresh aire and if they could stay either her and all was good.
I made my way outside and sat on a bench outside of the large hotel.
I took a deep breathe and let it out while I closed my eyes. My minds been a whirl lately and I just needed to take a breath.

"Willow?" I heard a somewhat familiar guy's voice call.
I opened my eyes slowly and looked towards the direction of the voice and saw Calum walking towards me.

"It's me, Calum."

"Oh, of course. Hey." I smiled at him as he sat beside me. "Why're you here?"

"My mom works here and I volunteer here sometimes." He said as he nodded towards the hospital building. "You?"

"My mom had her surgery today, just in case every social media didn't tell you."

"Huh, how is she?"

"Really good actually. They said it went a lot better than they thought and she should be up and moving again in a couple weeks."

"That's great." He smiled at me. "What've you been up to?"

"Same old same. You?"

"Waiting for that DM that never came." I saw a smirk play across his lips.

"Ouch, was that at me?"

"Only a lotta bit." He gave me a quick wink. "But, you could make it up to me by going ou-" he was cut off by my blaring ringtone.
I gave him an apologetic look and got up walking a few feet away as I answered it. "Hello?"

"Willow?" I heard Blake's voice question.

"Yea, is everything alright?"

"Can I tell you something?"

"Of course, I'm always here."

"I've been thinking and Mark and I wanted to come back up and visit. Meet your mom, maybe do our own meet and greet thing. What do you think? You, me, Mark, Hunter, Jacob, Holly, it'll be like the summer again."
I smiled at the thought of seeing my friends, but when I thought of the summer I thought about Hunter and I couldn't help, but sigh.
I was silent for a brief second before cheering up and pushing him to the back of my mind.

"Actually, my mom would love that, she really wanted to meet you guys. I'll let her know and we can arrange things. I really miss you guys." I said as I smiled. Blake had been here for me so much and Mark too. I couldn't wait to see them and I knew Jacob missed the guys too.
It'd be great. As soon as my mom was up and better we could make the plans.
I hung up the phone and turned back to the bench to finish talking to Calum, but he was gone with a sticky note in his place that read "Had to run, but I still expect that DM. ;-)"