Chapter 9

(Raven's POV)

" What you in here doing guh?"

" I was sitting here debating on sending that dude I told you about a text."

" This just my opinion, but If you gone talk to him,at least call him. A text seem kinda lame to me, seeing as how this will be y'all first time having an official conversation, you feel me?"

"You might be right. But what do I say tho? Its been a minute, what if he don't even remember me?"

" Ion know for real, I doubt he's forgotten about you. Just be straight up & tell him what it is, but wait and do it tomorrow tho. Cyro just called and said they got off early and that he and one of his homboys was about to come through and chill with us for a little while before we go home. You cool with that?"

" Is this the person he was talking about this morning,or just a Co worker of his?"

" I don't know, he didn't say. But go fix yourself up, just in case."

"Alright. My phone right here check the camera before you open the door, imma go freshen up."

*20 minutes later*

"She should be out in a minute. How was y'all night at work tho?"

I guess this will do.. I slipped on some blue Jean shorts and a Carolina panthers Jersey and black & blue elite socks. I Didn't wanna dress in nothing too short or tight like I normally do when I'm just chilling around the house alone.

I'm nervous for some reason, lol don't like this gitty feeling at all .

I checked my face in the mirror one more time, pop some gum in my mouth,turned the lights off and made my way downstairs to where everyone was.

"There she is, it took you long enough lil bitch."

" I see you trying to get put out my house already. I'm sorry it took me so long, I couldn't find my sock."

"Typical Rae.. But anyways, this Cyro's homeboy from work, he new in town his name is Ja-"

" Jason."

Cyro -" Hol up! Y'all know each other already?"

Jason- "Something like that,this the goddess I was telling you about the other day, that blew me off a couple weeks ago."

" I didn't blow you off,I still have your number saved in my phone. I've just been busy that's all."

" Aye, no need to explain,I took the hint, you didn't wanna be bothered,it's cool. But it really is good seeing you again."

"Its good seeing you too, kinda weird seeing you right now, believe it or not I was just talking to Janiya about you today, a few minutes ago actually."

" Is that right ? What you said about?"

" That I met you, and how i was thinking about calling you, but I didn't know what to say."

" Well you should do that, cause I been waiting for you to call me. You know I went back to that store three different times hoping I would bump into you again?"