Chapter 17

(Raven's POV)

"Lol is that everything light skin?"

"If it ain't that shit gone be there til in the morning, I can't believe yo ass had me running through them stores like that, I ain't never did that much shopping before ma."

"Well that was part of my dads request for you . It had to be done ,so why not get it done now while we had the time to kill."

" But still tho, you over did it ma."

"You got club appearances, label meetings, interviews and all of that stuff, you gotta look the part , plus I didn't hear you complaining in the jewelry store getting that chain & Rolex or in the shoe stores, so hush!

Next step is to get you out that lil girly mustang and get you in a grown mans car."

" Raven you really ain't gotta do all of that, my car ain't girly it jus beat up a little but I can manage. You've done plenty for me as is, I heard yo pops left you a Lotta money don't be wasting that shit on me & nobody else, I know I got business stuff coming up but that gone take my ass how I am I'm just tryna sing, not impress niggas wearing suits."

"I understand that, but my dad had a plan for you and I personally think its a great plan to lighten your image and push you further to success.

Have you ever heard the saying "If you already look like money people will wanna spend more money on you"?"

" Nah I ain't never heard that one ma."

"Look August I know you use to getting out there hustling to get it on your own,but you ain't gotta do that no more,you making it is a accomplishment for me as we. Besides I had money before I ever found out about my dad,it wasn't as much as he left me but I was more than fine."

"Look let's get showers and shit and we can meet back in here so you can tell me about all of that, yeah?"

"Its about time for me to face time Jason anyways, we can do that, but meet me in the basement instead.

I put towels and all of that in your bathroom , so you should have everything you need . see you in a minute."

"Bet!"

Its been a long day,but I had too much fun out shopping with August, the little time we spent together in Dallas was cool and all but today I had the chance to see a whole other side of him. He sells himself short he's very smart and ambitious. At this point he should be at the peek of his career,but I guess when you're from the streets and the streets are all you know, that's where you end up at. Thankfully my dad met him when he did, cause he almost lost his whole future to some nonsense . I'm just glad I know him now. Honestly I'm feeling August way more than I should. I love Jason I shouldn't be thinking at him in that way,but its just something about him.

After my shower I lotion my body down and put a Auburn short set onsie that my booty look even bigger than it already is, and put some orange elite socks on, brushed my hair up into a high bun.

Bye the time I was done my phone was ringing with a notification that Jason was trying to face time me. I laid across the bed with the biggest grin on my face.

"Hey boyfriend!"

"Hey ma, wyd?"

"Just got done taking a shower, was waiting to see your face. You miss me?"