Chapter 24

(Raven's POV)

(3 days later)

"I'm his manager Raven Carter, Here's my staff pass."

" Its Cool Joe let her through!

Ms. Carter, it's great to finally see you out. Anybody know ya here?"

"Call me Raven, Don. But no I just got here this morning, and I wanna stay low key til after the show.. Can you keep it quiet fa me please?"

"Say no more Ms.- I mean Raven. I'll take you up to VIP where you can see everything but be low key ,til you ready. Can I send you up a bottle up?"

"Of course in fact send bottles of Peach Ciroc and shot glasses."

"I'll have that sent right up to you. I'll check back on you shortly."

"Hey Don!!

Thank you!"

"No thank you for coming out, the kid really needs to see ya!"

I gave Don a small smile as he exited the section I was in. Soon after one of the bottle girls came to drop off my bottles, I had no intentions to drink alone so I was gone invite a few people in my section just to add to my disguise to make me more unnoticeable for now.

I made up my mind to move back to the states, after being in Jamaica for 11 months, I think it is time I come back and get on with my life.

But Texas would most definitely not be where I reside. I made the choice to move to Nola and jump into the producing and managing business. I admit I love being August manager, after everyone got wind of the deal I got for him at Def Jam ,I had all kinds of emails from up and coming artist wanting me to manage them.

So I'm going to Nola to utilize the resources my dad left for me,to do just that.

I want my own house, something I picked out for me,I don't plan on moving no more after this. So the homes he left me I'm donating to the homeless mother and child charity in New Orleans.

August has a break coming up from the end of June til the end of September , so that'll give me and everybody else that works for him a break to handle whatever it is we need to do for ourselves. Shit gets real for us all in October, when he leaves for tour.

Half an hour later August was out on stage singing, with my sections location I could see him perfectly and geezus that man looks even better than I remember ,being taken away further and further through each song he sang, I hadn't noticed Don had made his way back up to where I was.

" You enjoying yourself Rae?"

"Of course I am I always get lost in his music."

" Kid is talented, but look this is his last song. Are you sure you don't wanna make your way backstage with me so you can see him, I'm sure he'll be happy to see you."

I sat there thinking, and said what the hell, I had a little liquor in my system that gave me a smidget of courage to go face him now.

"Sure Don I'll go, just let me grab my bag."

" I didn't realize you bought so many people with you tonight lol"