Hickey

After one month, the team-building event finally came. It is something that they do annually to strengthen the bond and cooperation within each team.

Unlike last year, where the event took place during summer and held in a beach resort, this year will be held in a hotel resort instead to avoid rains. Unfortunately, the event was approved to take place on the latter part of the year, the season when the southwest monsoon is dominating.

Since they are a large-scale sized company, the management has decided that the outing will be held by batch. All the employees sharing the same floors will go together on the same day.

Pie is currently looking out the window. They are riding a coaster on board to their destination. If it weren't for the lovey-dovey couple beside that keeps on distracting her, she would've surely enjoyed the scene outside.

"How many are you on your team again?" Jane asked Kim, her back completely facing Pie.

Kim relaxed her head first on the backrest while mentally counting her team-mates. "We're seven, including Van."

This time, Jane wrapped her arms around Kim's. "What do you guys usually do during your free time? I'm curious, how does a group of artists like you bond?"

"Mmmm, we're making fun of each other most of the time." Kim chuckled as if she remembered something funny. "The most common is editing someone's picture."

"Like?"

"Like putting Van's head on a body of a sexy-porn-star! Hahaha!"

"Hihihi! So cute! I kinda want to see that sexy version of Van."

"You bet he's hot!"

The two just kept on laughing. Pie can't help but smile too while imagining Van's picture. She's not sure if she should be eavesdropping or not but she can't help overhearing their conversation.

She didn't plan on being where she's at right now. It was Jane who wanted them to sit beside each other. It was too late when Pie found out that Jane's plan was to put her on the third wheel.

After the long laughing session, Kim spoke, "How about yours, what do you guys do for fun?"

"We usually play the game 'answer a question with a question'," said Jane, leaning her head on Kim's shoulder.

"'Answer a question with a question'? What's that?"

"The mechanics are simple; someone starts a question and you just have to keep answering each other with questions."

"Wow. Sounds hard, huh."

"Yeah, I'm always the one who loses first." Jane pouted.

"Does everyone in your department participate in the game?" Kim asked.

"Yeah, everyone. We even form a circle to make it more fun."

"Well, it just seems to me that you have some serious teammates in your department," said Kim, nudging her chin towards Pie.

Jane, who had almost completely forgotten that they are not alone on the bus, and that Pie is sitting beside her, shifted her body and hugged Pie this time.

"It may not seem like that but Pie can be a jolly person, Kim."

"Oh really? I guess I haven't seen that side of her yet," Kim teased.

Since they were introduced, Jane has been showing Kim the above-the-normal-kindness a person could show to a new colleague. On the other hand, Pie was the opposite. Although she's not doing anything to annoy Kim, she isn't minding the newcomer like she's non-existent in the first place.