Chat

It's Monday and there's something different about it. For whatever reason, Pie is excited to go to work today. She woke up early, had her breakfast, and left for office right away. She came in too early that she had the entire floor to herself when she arrived.

She immediately checked the list of her online friends in their internal messenger. Kim's status is still colored gray.

She's not here yet.

She stood up, retouched herself in the ladies' room, grabbed herself a coffee in the pantry and went back to her table to check her friend's list again.

Still not in.

She checked her emails this time. Slowly, people are coming in one by one. Although her table is located at the center of the floor, she can't see who comes in and goes out because her back is facing the entrance.

"Good morning, Pie!" Puey, who just arrived, greeted her.

"Hi, Puey," said Pie, smiling at him. The lady-like guy stopped to stare at her. Pie noticed it. "What's the matter?"

Puey crossed his arms. "There's something different about you today, Pie."

"And what is that?"

"I'm not sure..." He walked towards her. "You just seem vibrant. You look blooming today."

"Does that mean I don't look blooming in some other days?"

"Oh c'mon, you're always beautiful, darling. There's just something different right now," he said, scanning her. "New haircut?"

"No."

He scanned her more. "Hmm, new hair color?" Pie shook her head. Puey held her chin this time and asked, "Are you using new make-up?"

"No."

"Don't tell me you already have a boyfriend?"

Pie smiled at that. She shook her head no.

"That smile, Pie, I knew it! There must be someone!" he exclaimed, pointing a finger at her.

Pie waved her hand. "Nah. I just had a great weekend. There's no special someone yet."

"Oh really? I don't know why but my intuition says I should not believe you."

"Oh, Puey, don't make a fuss out of it."

"Fine! Fine! I'll wait until you're ready to spill the details," he said, walking back to his station.

After the conversation, she checked her friend's list again to her disappointment.

Offline.

She shifted her eyes at the bottom of the screen to check the time.

It's already 7:53, what time does she usually arrives?

At that instant moment, she saw Kim's status changed color from gray to green. The little notification appeared.

Kimhan Buranaphan is online.

She moved her mouse on Kim's name and clicked it twice. A new window popped up to start a conversation. Her hands motioned to the keyboard. But then, she stopped the idea.

Wait, what am I doing? What should I tell her? Do I really have to message her now?

Pie found herself staring at her monitor, hands clasped on her chin. The only reason she added Kim before is for the lipstick project they worked on together. She can't remember the last time they chat, and the probable reason for that conversation was all regarding the project.