Confession

The buddies went back to their table with the Aftershock bucket in Zee's hands.

"Let's have some fun tonight, guys," said Zee, putting the bucket down at the center of the table.

"Wow, are we really drinking that?" asked Shone.

"Yes, we will." Zee winked. "Sometimes binge drinking has a purpose, guys," she added, looking at Kim.

Nam picked up a shot glass from the bucket and realized what was brought to them. "Wow, Zee. You really wanna get smashed up tonight?"

"Well, it's not every day we get to see each other, Nam. Let's just enjoy this," said Zee.

"But you're still driving home, aren't you?" Nam reminded.

"I changed my mind. I'll be getting a room here for tonight."

"Yeah, you better. I don't want drunk-driving accidents happening anymore," Nam chuckled after saying that.

Zee burst into a loud guffaw. She raised her arm to high-five Nam. "That's my girl!"

"Jeez, you guys are bullying me," said Kim. She sat beside Pie.

"Are you going to drink too, Pie?" Zee asked, handling a shot glass to Kim.

Pie smiled hesitantly. "I have low alcohol tolerance. I don't want Kim carrying me back to our room later."

"Oh, c'mon. Let's all get wasted tonight," Zee insisted, raising another shot glass for Pie to take.

"Nah, let's not force her to drink," Kim butted to rescue. "Remember the last time she got drunk in your bar? She couldn't walk on her own because her legs were numb. The next morning, she can't remember a thing that happened."

"Ah really?" Zee while rubbed her chin. "Well, that's a weird trait."

"Yeah, let Pie pass for now so she could carry Kim back to their room," Shone said which was followed by laughter.

Pie pulled Kim by her arm. "Shone has a point. If Kim is planning to drink, I might as well watch over her later."

Zee's eyebrows rose. "Oooh, that's so sweet of you, Pie." She gave Kim a quick glance.

Kim knew what it meant. She turned to Pie when she felt the latter taps her arm. "Hmm?"

Pie leaned closer and lowered her voice, "What took you so long? You left me here alone."

This is one of those moments when Kim feels like they aren't pretending. "Sorry, um... Zee and I had a short talk."

"Just don't leave me again like that. Take me with you then," said Pie, unaware that she's jutting her lower lip out.

Kim knew that this is a good sign for her confession later. Who knows, Pie might say yes to her right away.

---

After two hours...

Nam, Kim and Zee we're all talking and laughing like wasted drunkards. Shone only had few shots. He doesn't want to drink that much because of his early schedule tomorrow. Nam had several shots too but refused to drink more when she felt tipsy. Kim and Zee were the ones who consumed all the remaining liquor. The bar was about to close that night and they've all decided to go back to their rooms.

"So... we had a blast guys..." said Zee, trying hard to get up from her chair. She walked towards Kim and Pie to give both a hug. "I totally enjoyed this night."

"Where are you going?" asked Pie.

"I need to go ahead, I gotta book a room now..." Zee walked towards Nam and Shone this time, struggling to maintain her balance.