Honey

Ugh! What now!

It's already 1:57 am and Kim is still wide awake. She's supposed to be asleep by now because of her early schedule but the idea of picking up Pie in the morning, like a real girlfriend, is keeping her excitement up to the highest level. Endorphins flooded her brain and it just won't allow her to sleep.

She'd tried everything she can to doze off to dreamland. She's not sure how many times she's been rolling on her bed just to find the most comfortable position that could put her to slumber. She fell asleep past three in the morning.

Groggy Kim woke up at six o'clock and felt like she'd slept for fifteen minutes only. It doesn't matter though because she doesn't want to be late. After she bathed herself she saw a text message from Pie.

Good morning! Let me know when you're on your way. I'll be waiting for you outside my gate :)

Kim grinned in excitement. This is one of those moments she appreciates living alone because she doesn't need to worry about someone seeing her in that state: giggling in delight like a crazy person.

Pie was already waiting outside her house when Kim arrived. Pie purposely set it that way because she wanted to avoid the possibility of Kim getting out of the car and be seen by her mom. Pie had set her mind to enjoy this trip over the weekend and she doesn't want her homophobic mom to ruin it.

When she entered the car Pie was taken aback by Kim's charm. This is not the first time this has happened. In fact, this keeps on happening during each first sight. Kim is wearing a simple printed black shirt and sunglasses. Pie is still wondering to herself how this person could look so appealing in whatever she wears.

Kim on the other hand, as usual, is always mesmerized by Pie. She never imagined in her life that a girl could be so girly in that way. Whatever Pie is doing; sitting, walking, thinking, frowning, everything is just making her heart melts. She's still wondering how things ended up that way. It's like a dream come true for her: spending the weekend alone with Pie plus she gets to pretend that they are together. What could be better, right?

After their work, the pair quickly stopped by at Yam's place to get the flowers they'd reserved the other day. They drove straight to their destination, enjoying the view on the way, talking about random stuff, and occasionally teasing each other.

They finally arrived at the resort. Kim saw Shone and Nam right away when they entered the parking lot. The two were waiting for them just outside their car. Shone signaled Kim to park beside them.

After parking the car in place, Kim didn't realize that she was staring at Nam. She can't deny that Nam's presence still gives her uneasy feelings.

"Hey," Pie called, squeezing Kim's hand on the gearshift. "We're going to enjoy this trip together, okay?"

Kim's heart melted at that. "Of course, of course, we surely will. C'mon."

Pie stepped out of the car first. "Hi, guys!"

Shone welcomed her with a quick hug. "Hello, Pie, mmmm! I'm glad you two got here safe."

Nam came close for a cheek kiss. "I'm so happy you both really came here!"

Pie faked a smile, unsure if Nam was sincere about what she said.

"Hey there." Kim closed the door on her side. She walked towards Nam with the bouquet in her hands. "This is for the celebrant. Happy birthday, Nammy."

Nam smiled. "These are beautiful! You shouldn't have bothered yourselves. But then, thank you."

Kim stood beside Pie after handling the bouquet. "That's from us."