Family

"I always knew that our meeting in Taipei wasn't by accident. We were really meant to meet there for some reasons," said Yam, pointing a finger at the receipt in front of her.

Kim looked down carefully at the paper and signed on it. "Whatever, serendipity lover."

Yam playfully hit her in her arm. "Yah! You wouldn't get Pie if it wasn't for me, right?"

"And you wouldn't have met Van if I didn't invite you to the party, right? I know what's your pointing out, Yam. Why are you being so nostalgic?"

"It's because today is my second anniversary of being together with Van! Have you forgotten that?"

"Oh? Is it really today?" Kim glanced at her watch to check the date. "Wow. How time really flies, huh? So, are you two going out later or what?"

"We're going on vacation for three days!" Yam excitedly exclaimed.

"Ah, yeah? Where this time?"

"Singapore."

"So, you're really over Taipei now, huh?"

"Taipei will always have a special place in my heart, Kim," said Yam, smiling faintly. "But yeah, I have to move on someday, right?"

"And you've got the right to be happy."

"Exactly."

Kim stared at Yam, realizing how special their friendship had become through the years. "I'm happy you're with Van, Yam. That dude is a real nice guy."

"You're just saying that because Van and Pie didn't end up together..."

"You're probably right," said Kim, chuckling.

"Oh, by the way, Van kept on complaining how their department got boring since you left them."

"Oh, c'mon." Kim slapped her palm on the counter. "I quit my job almost two years ago and he hasn't adapted to it yet?"

"Maybe he just misses you?"

"Or maybe he misses my visitors before? Aw!" Kim earned herself a slap from Yam.

"Van isn't as flirty as you, Kim, hmp!"

"He's just good in hiding it," Kim retorted, rubbing her cheek.

Yam glared at her.

Unaffected by the glare, Kim casually leaned her elbows on the counter. "Let's hang out sometime; you and Van, me and Pie..."

"Sounds good! I think we should do it at least once a month. I rarely see you now after you opened your studio."

Kim sighed at that. "Yeah, I've been really busy. Dad's putting more pressure on it."

"But at least you know that your business is in good hands, right?"

"Yeah..." Kim shrugged. "At least I'm doing now what I really wanted to do since then." She felt her phone vibrated in her pocket and checked on it. "Alright. The queen has already texted me. I need to go now."

Yam raised an eyebrow. "Queen?"

Kim chuckled. "Pie's mom. She said Pie's in my apartment now and wants me to surprise her."

"Wow. Finally in good terms with your 'in-law', huh?"

"We're getting there, Yam, slowly but surely. Besides love conquers all, right?"

Yam grimaced immediately. "Ew! Corny!"

"Oh, c'mon! Let me be!"

"Just shut up and take your flowers now," said Yam, handling Kim the bouquet she ordered. "What's with those, by the way? I bet you've done something to piss Pie again, huh?"