Couple

"Yup, I'm already here in the office," Kim confirmed after putting her headsets on. She pushed the car door closed and enabled the alarm.

"Somebody's too early for the office today, huh. It's only 7:17 on my watch."

"I know, but my body was up early, Yam. I don't even know why." Kim continued walking towards the exit of the parking lot.

"Psshh.... You're just excited to see her."

"I guess I am." Kim giggled. She feels lucky to find someone whom she can confide everything about Pie. It's easier for her to tell Yam about it since they don't have common friends. The last thing she wants to happen is for Pie to find out about her true feelings.

"Do you think she'll like your new hairstyle?"

"I don't know," said Kim, fixing the cap on her head. "I'm just afraid that she won't talk to me if I won't do what she says."

"Oh, c'mon, Kim. She's not serious about that, trust me."

Kim had her hair trimmed shorter but not as short like Zee's cut. She still has her bangs on and her ears are still partially covered by sideburns.

"I just hope you're right. Anyway, it doesn't matter if she had requested this or not, I really like my hair this way."

"Besides, it's a good way to start the year, right? I can't wait to see you, Kim. I wonder how you look now."

"Don't worry. I'll visit you one of these days," said Kim, stepping into the elevator. She pressed 17 on the floor panel.

"I hope you'll bring along a friend of yours when you do that."

"Haha! I can't promise you that but I'll try."

"I want you to observe her reaction when she sees you, okay? Describe it to me."

"Is that really necessary?" asked Kim, gazing up at the floor signal.

B2...

B1...

1...

The elevator stopped on the first floor. Kim moved aside to give space to anyone who's about to enter.

"It's for your own benefit, Kim. If you could relay her exact reaction to me I can give you a hint of her thoughts."

Kim was still smiling ear to ear when the door swung open. Her smile faded when she saw the person behind the door. Their eyes met for a second, turning away immediately after.

The person was wearing a white blouse with a black ribbon lace, partnered with a black skirt. Kim was so mesmerized that she had to shift her eyes away because she's feeling conscious. The person, on the other hand, was obviously also shocked to see Kim in the elevator.

The person stayed in Kim's opposite direction. The awkwardness filled the area. Isn't it weird how an elevator with a capacity of 15 or more people can be too crowded for its two passengers right now?

"Kim? Are you still there?"

Kim didn't realize that she had forgotten about Yam. "Yeah, I'm sorry. The line was jammed."

"Can you hear me now?"

"Yup, loud and clear."

"Can you give me Pie's full name? I'll try to search her on social media. I'm really curious about her looks."

"Ummm, Yam, I can't do that."

"Huh? Why? I'm just asking for a name."

"Exactly, I can't give it now."