Date

It was after she got home when everything sunk into her.

I'm going out with Kim tomorrow, ALONE.

Pie gritted her teeth. Having the idea of them being alone again makes her shiver. She's not sure why she's feeling that way. They went for a trip in Pattaya for two days and two nights but she never felt that conscious.

Pie brought a hand to her chest while staring endlessly at her room ceiling.

Sigh. I think I'm going crazy. We're just going out, c'mon, it's not like a romantic date, right? I'm just going out with a female friend, no need for formality or whatsoever. Right... right...

She stood up from the bed and walked towards her closet. It was after few minutes of rummaging when the idea finally hit her.

Wait, did I just plan on preparing what to wear for tomorrow? What the hell is happening to me? I don't do stuff like this before date, and hell, we're not even going out on a date for goodness sake! Uuuuuughhhh...

Pie ruffled her hair in frustration and sat back on her bed.

Okay, just stay cool, Pie. You're just going out with a friend like you're just going out with Jane for lunch. No need to be anxious about it. It's just Kim, okay?

She put her fingernail between her teeth when she realized something.

But hell, it's Kim we're talking about here. The Kim that the girls in the office are swooning over. It's the same Kim that made Nam overly jealous of me; and I'm going out with her tomorrow! Waaaaaaaaaa!!!

Pie plopped herself down on the bed. Somewhere in her musing, she had fallen asleep.

---

Beep...

Pie's eyes flew open at the sound of her incoming message alert. That's when she realized that she fell asleep in an uncomfortable position, still wearing her clothes from yesterday.

What time is it?

She quickly sat up straight on the bed. She fished for her phone under the pillows and was relieved to see that it's only past seven in the morning. She opened text message and smiled.

From: Kim
Message: Good morning! What time would the princess be ready for her service? :)

Pie giggled after reading it. She typed in her reply quickly.

To: Kim
Message: Morning :) Just pick me up around 11. Mom's gonna be out for the day so I still need to do some chores.

She just keeps on rereading the short conversation until the new message came in.

From: Kim
Message: Aight! I'll see you later ;)

She quickly jumped out of bed and headed downstairs.

We're going out, we're going out!

---

9:57 am

Pie glanced over at the wall clock while drying her hair with a towel. Another towel is wrapped around her body. She rummaged through her clothes again just like last night. This isn't the first time she's going out with a friend but this is the first time that she can't really decide on what to wear.

Aish. Why do I feel like this is more of a date and just a casual friendly hangout?

Pie isn't a neophyte in the dating game. In fact, she had already gone out with several suitors — some men which she found annoying, turning them down in the end. She doesn't know if the problem is on her part or the boys' but she easily gets turned off once she felt that a certain guy is befriending her with the sole intention of courting her.