Hangover

Although she had a busy weekend, her excitement to go the office that morning didn't trail off. Pie woke up in high spirits, welcoming the rainy morning cheerfully. After their fun dinner and late conversation last night, she can't help but smile to herself at the idea that she's going to see Kim again soon.

She immediately checked the list of her online friends when she got in the office. She was glad to see Kim's already in but has been idle for seven minutes.

She might be in the pantry.

She went to the ladies' room first to check herself. She went back to her station and grabbed her tumbler for her morning coffee.

Someone went out of the pantry just before she pushed the door in. She heard Kim and Jane's laughter from the inside.

She hesitated to go in for a minute. She stepped back and leaned against the wall, holding the tumbler in her left hand and tapping her fingers on it.

You can do this, Pie.

She panicked when someone went out again. Fortunately, it was someone else. After feeling weirded out with herself, she finally decided to go in. Pie pushed the door and got a glimpse of Kim and Jane sitting at the table. Jane is facing the door entrance while Kim is in front of her.

"Good morning, Pie!" Jane shouted, making the other people in the pantry turn their attention to her.

"Morning." Pie smiled awkwardly at Jane. She saw how Kim's head turned around to check on her.

"Good morning," said Kim, casually resting her arm on the backrest.

"Hi, Kim." Pie smiled but totally avoided meeting Kim's eyes. She walked directly to the vending machine and pressed the coffee button. "What are you two doing here? And Jane, you're early, huh?"

"Kim and I are having our breakfast," said Jane. "And as for your next question, well, somebody picked me up and drove me here this morning." The statement was followed by a flirty giggle.

"Somebody?" Pie raised an eyebrow. She knew who it was. She grabbed her tumbler and walked towards the table. "Is that person the reason for your undeniably cheery aura today?"

Jane couldn't react and blushed instead.

"Should we call that somebody as Zee?" said Kim.

"Eeeee, Kim!" Jane hit Kim's arm playfully. "Since when you two are on the same team?"

"Same team?" asked Pie.

"You two are ganging up on me..." Jane whined, looking up at Pie and glancing at Kim after.

"No, we're not..." Kim waved a hand.

Pie sat down beside Kim. "It's pretty obvious, Jane, don't worry. It's not like I never had an idea about it."

Jane reached for Pie's free hand on the table. "Sorry, I didn't tell you. I was afraid you're going to judge me..."

"Psh... It's alright, Jane. In fact, I'm happy," said Pie. "I think it's time for you to be in a serious relationship now."

"Really?" Jane squeezed Pie's hand. "Wow, this is amazing, Pie. I thought you don't approve such things?"

"Don't worry about it." Pie gave the sincerest smile she could before she turning to Kim. "What are you eating?"

"Chicken fillet and rice," said Kim, pointing at her meal. "I bought it from a newly opened restaurant near my place. Want a bite?"

Pie put her tumbler down on the table. "I'm glad you're eating some real breakfast today, huh?" She pulled her chair to lean closer and grabbed Kim's fork to plant it into one of the chicken strips.