Lipstick

Another one month had passed and Kim has finally able to fully adapt to the ways in the office. She's now acting as an Art Director and is being assigned to several clients. She's working with Jane and Pie once or twice a month, only if the client concerned is the one the ladies are handling. Pie can see the warm treatment Jane gives Kim compared to the other art directors they've worked with.

After their little game last time, Pie seemed to have waved off the barrier she's using when Kim is around. She's now convinced that Kim isn't flirty like what she thought. Kim is just the type of person whose nature it to try to do good to everyone, even they've just met. This is the reason why the fangirls can't help but to fall for her even more.

It was another busy day in the office and Kim was standing beside Pie's terminal, looking frustrated.

"Oh c'mon, do you still have any other ideas?"

"I told you, it's the only one I could think of," said Pie, pretending to be busy working on her computer.

Hearing the bickering from behind, Jane decided to help. "Hey, hey, why are you two fighting again?"

Kim shook the papers in her hands. "Well, Ms. Pie here says that the tagline she'd given for the lipstick product is fine. I think it's too lousy. I need another tagline now because I'll be submitting this to the client later."

"Why do we need to submit two samples if that one is okay?"

"That's the thing, Pie, it's not okay. I can't submit this kind of result to the client."

"If you don't like the one I made then go create a tagline yourself."

Kim walked over in front of the terminal to get a better view of Pie's face. "We. Need. To. Talk," she said pointing a finger back and forth them.

Pie isn't sure why, but she suddenly felt exposed. She can no longer concentrate on what she's doing. She slightly covered her face with a hand and said, "I told you, I ran out of ideas."

Jane finally stood up. "Okay, maybe I can help. What's the product all about again?"

Kim browsed the papers she's holding. "Well..."

Pie saw this as a chance to look at Kim. Although she hasn't fully accepted it to herself yet, she knows that Kim has this charisma that somehow penetrates her. She observed how Kim was browsing the papers.

I'd have to admit she's really cute in this angle.

While Pie was busy checking out, Kim took a glance at her in between scanning papers. Pie withdrew her eyes immediately.

Oh my gosh! Did she catch me looking at her? Will she think that I like her?

Before it gets more awkward for Pie, Kim pulled out a sheet of paper and showed it to Jane. "Here. The product is a cherry-flavored edible lipstick. Pie's article on it talks about the benefits it can give to women, which I think is already obvious. The tagline she used is —"

"Look and taste beautiful," said Pie.

"See?" Kim looked at Jane with a sarcastic smile. "Who do you think is going to buy that tagline?"

Jane laughed aloud for a moment and stopped when Pie glared at her. "Oops, sorry."

"There has to be something better than this," said Kim, flicking her fingers against the paper. "This is not my field. You should be the one doing this."

Jane carefully touched Pie's arm and forehead. "Seriously, girl, do you have a problem? Are you feeling okay? It seems not like you producing something like that."