Breakfast

I can't believe it, she's really here!

Kim was discreetly peeking from the door entrance. From her view in the hallway, she can see Pie's back clearly. She pulled away her sleeve to look at her wristwatch.

It's only 7:07, I wonder, what time did she arrive?

She peeked through the door again, observing Pie's every movement. Pie is currently browsing something on the internet. She's wearing a black blouse and her hair isn't tied today.

Sigh. I think I could do this all day without complain, even just looking at her back, observing her like this.

Pie moved to her left to check on something. Kim immediately hid beside the door, afraid that she'll get caught peeking.

What the hell is wrong with me? Why am I hiding? We're supposed to have breakfast today that's why we're here early!

After few seconds she peeked again. Pie's now busy browsing something. Kim raised her wrist.

Tsk. It's already 7:11. I'll be dead if she won't see me by 7:15.

She entered the door slowly, tiptoeing. Although she knows that her sneakers won't make any annoying sound on the carpeted floor she's still afraid to create anything that could catch Pie's attention. The idea of being along with Pie today somehow frightens her. She'd love to spend time with Pie, of course, but she doesn't know how to start a conversation.

"And what do you think you're doing?" Pie's irritated tone echoed on the floor.

Kim turned nervously and saw Pie's grumpy expression. "Uh... hi..."

"Didn't occur to you that I can hear every movement you make? It's just the two of us here."

"Uh... yeah... well..."

"It's almost 7:15 now, how long are you planning to make me wait?"

"Uh... I'm just dropping my things in my station..."

"Make it quick."

"Yes, ma'am!" Kim hurried to her department.

---

The pantry looks more vibrant today because no one is there yet to disturb their little date. Kim is still feeling awkward about the idea she had yesterday regarding Pie's mysterious chat mate.

On the other hand, Pie wasn't also acting herself today. She's excited to go to the office — yes — however, but she doesn't know why she feels nervous at the same time.

They settled on one of the tables and sat down facing each other.

"Hmm, what did you bring today?" asked Kim, curiously looking at the lunchbox in front of her.

"My mom prepared Patongco and Khao Khai Chiao," said Pie, opening the covers. Truth is she requested her mom to cook that. She lied and told her mom that there will be a potluck breakfast in the office.

"Woooow! I'm so famished now, Pie!" Kim's hyper reaction swayed the awkwardness away between the two of them.

"I'm hungry too. I hope you'll like it."

Kim picked up one Patongco with her fork. She raised her eyebrows after a bite. "Mmm, this is good! Your mom surely knows how to cook."

"Now, that's what you call a real breakfast, Kim," said Pie, feeling victorious seeing Kim enjoying the food.

"How about you, Pie, do you cook?"

Pie shook her head and started eating. "Nah. I was never a fan of recipe books."