War

Scarlett Restaurant

The moment they arrived at the restaurant, Pie noticed how the staff welcomed Kim with big smiles. Most of them addressed the latter by her first name which made Pie think that Kim is a valued customer in that place.

Most of the staff, especially ladies, were obviously captivated by their arrival. Some are looking at Shone, some are thrilled over Kim. Pie feels proud to walk beside Kim at that moment with their hands intertwined. She can't help but smile to herself each time she sees some glare of disappointments from the female staff.

Sorry ladies, she's mine tonight.

Pie doesn't care if some of those staffs are already killing her in their minds because there is a bigger fish that she needs to deal with. She's not sure if Nam is deliberately doing it but she feels like Nam is competing with her in some ways, especially if it concerns Kim.

They sat on the couch facing each other by pair. While waiting for their food to be served, the manager and the chef approached Kim. Pie noticed how glad the chef is to see Kim there. From what she heard, Kim hasn't shown in that restaurant for one month now. They even excused themselves to talk to Kim alone.

"I'll be right back." Kim squeezed Pie's hand as she was about to get up.

"Sure, enjoy yourself," said Pie. She felt like a baby when Kim patted her head before leaving.

Shone stood up from his chair too. "Okay, excuse me for a while ladies, I need to make a call."

Both the ladies nodded. And just like that, Pie and Nam were left alone at the table. They were silent, obviously feeling awkward at each other. Both are throwing quick glances at each other from time to time. Pie knew that Nam was feeling what she's feeling. Pretending to be Kim's girlfriend is not hard but being alone with Nam is really uncomfortable.

"It seems that the staff here surely loves Kim a lot, huh," said Pie, trying to start a little talk.

It made Nam smile. "If I'm not mistaken, Kim always goes here at least twice or thrice a week. She's in love with the food here. She always talks to those two each time we go here before."

Pie took it down in her mental notepad. She noticed how Nam keeps on pointing out the things Kim had done with her before.

"What do they usually talk about?"

"It's mostly about food and recipes, which I don't understand," said Nam, rolling her eyes. "They always try to get Kim's point of view on the food. Sometimes it's the other way around, Kim is asking them about the food."

Pie got curious in the newfound information. "Why are they doing that?"

Nam's eyebrows rose. "Hmm? Didn't you know that Kim is a good cook?"

"Really?" Pie suddenly remember the breakfast she had with Kim in the office pantry.

I told her that I always imagined myself being with someone who loves to cook. Oh my gosh!

"Yes, she loves cooking a lot. I'm surprised you haven't figured it out yet," said Nam, chuckling a little. "If it wasn't for her love of photography I think she'd get culinary in college instead. Don't tell me she hasn't cooked food for you yet?"

Pie shook her head. "Well, she mentioned that she loves cooking but she only enjoys it if there is someone to share the food with. I've only gone to her apartment once and haven't tasted her cooking yet."

"For real? How long have you been together again?" asked Nam, looking more surprised.

That was an abrupt question. Pie wasn't prepared for an answer. "J-just recently..."