Past

"Hi there, Kimmy. Long time no see."

Kim was speechless, both surprised and confused. She's not sure what to feel. Her mind is torn between the idea of wanting to see Nam and spending the day with Pie.

Of all the time, Nam, why now?

Nam noticed Kim's uneasiness. She then had a glimpse of another person sitting at the table.

"Oh. I didn't know you have a visitor."

Kim glanced at Pie for a second. Their eyes met but Kim turned her eyes back to Nam.

"Oh, Kim, what's wrong with you today?" Nam walked towards Kim and tapped her shoulder. "Speak up and introduce us."

Kim, who realized that she should have done that earlier, straightened up her shirt and turned to Pie slowly. "Um..."

"Ugh! What's wrong with you?" Impatient Nam walked towards Pie and offered her right hand. "Hi, I'm Nam, Kim's friend," she said, wearing the same smile she had in the picture. "Please forgive her for being such an asshole today."

Pie can't believe how beautiful Nam is in the flesh. She rose up to shake Nam's hand with a smile plastered on her face too. "Pie. Kim's friend too."

Kim felt her neck itching.

Oh boy, this is awkward.

"Nice meeting you, Pie." After the handshake, Nam immediately scanned the woman in front of her. Her eyes twitched when she saw what Pie was wearing.

Kim brought her palm to her face when she realized where Nam was looking at.

Oh, shit. That was the shirt we bought for my birthday last year!

"O-kay..." Nam pressed her lips together and turned around. "I guess I better go now, Kim."

"But Nammy —"

"Let's just do this some other time," said Nam, walking towards the door.

"When will I see you again?"

Nam brushed a hand through her hair before turning to Kim. "Some other time, when we're both not busy."

Kim breathed out her disappointment. She knows that "some other time" could take longer.

As if knowing what's on Kim's mind Nam stopped by the door and said, "Don't worry. I won't go anywhere this time. I promise we'll talk sooner. We need to talk. Be hospitable to your guest first, okay?"

Kim turned her head to Pie, who gave her a lame smile when their eyes met.

Nam didn't wait for another second. "It's nice to meet you, Pie. And Kim, I'll see you soon. Bye." She waved goodbye and shut the door close.

The latch of the door was then followed by a long deafening silence. Kim clenched her hands into fists, unsure of how to solve her dilemma.

What should I do? Should I follow her? But I just can't leave Pie here. But what if I don't get the chance to talk to Nam again? Agh! This is crazy!

"Kim..."

Kim turned to Pie. "Y-yes?"

"I... uh... I think you should —"

"I... I should follow her... yeah..." Kim knew what Pie was about to say. She walked to the door and halted before opening it. "Just promise me you won't leave, okay?"

"I won't."

After the assurance, Kim ran out of the room.

Pie bit her lip and sat on the chair. After getting the feeling of being closer this time, why does she feel Kim being far away again?