Dude

Immediately after Kim closed the door from behind, her phone rang. She fished for her phone from her back pocket and her lips curved upwards when she saw the caller's name. She raised the phone next to her ear.

"Hey, dad."

Pie is currently in front of the closet, choosing what to wear for the dinner party. She purposely tried to stall arranging her stuff so she could eavesdrop more while hiding herself behind the closet door.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm already here in Pattaya.... Well, we arrived yesterday.... No, I'm with some friends and Nam.... Yeah, the Nam I introduced to you before, hahaha.... Yes, it's her birthday yesterday.... Sure, I'll tell her you said hi.... No, dad, hahaha, we're not together. She's actually with her boyfriend right now...."

Pie knew that at some point, Nam could've met Kim's dad. However, it's somehow surprised her to hear that Kim's father is just okay with her preference.

"Jeez, you're crazy, dad. So, what's your plan for your birthday? Of course, I'll visit you.... Just tell me where you'll be and I'm going there.... Of course, of course.... Okay... I'll catch you later then.... Yeah, don't forget your dinner too.... Bye, dad... I love you too..." Kim ended the call. She put her phone down on the bedside table and went to the bathroom.

Pie was getting something from her duffel bag on the bed when Kim's phone rang again. Curiosity kicked in. Pie took that opportunity to peek at the caller while Kim is not around. She saw the familiar picture of Kim and Yam with Taipei 101 in the background.

Yam again? They must be really close. I wonder why Kim never mentioned Yam to me before.

She heard the flush in the bathroom and the door creaked open. Pie hurried to pretend doing something.

"Oh, is that my phone?" Kim strode to pick her phone quickly. "Hey, Yam, 'sup?" she said, walking towards the balcony door, opening it and stepping outside.

Pie was left confused inside the room.

Huh? She's okay with me hearing her conversation with her dad but not with Yam? What could they be talking about that she doesn't want me to know?

---

"Nam liked your flowers by the way."

"Oh, really? That's nice to hear. How's your trip so far?"

"It's great, and we're enjoying our stay here."

"Wait, wait, wait, you said 'we' or is it just you who's enjoying everything?"

Kim took a glance at the person inside the room and averted her gaze quickly when their eyes met. "It might be hard to believe it, but I think she's enjoying the trip too, Yam."

"To be honest I won't be surprised if she does. But what makes you think so?"

"She's in the mood to do everything: pretending in front of Nam and strolling around here. She even asked me to buy couple necklaces and get a couple henna tattoo."

"What? She did that?"

"Yes, she... requested for it..."

"Wow, Kim, wow. Don't you think it's too much for acting?"

Kim knew what Yam is pointing. Although she's having the same notion, she still doesn't want to keep her hopes up. The last thing she wanted to do is to expect something in return from Pie.

"I know, but what if she's just having fun? What if she's just doing this to help me?"

"Help you get back with Nam?"