Chapter 5

Louis' POV

It felt so good to touch someone without having the fear of hurting them. Harry and I were still hugging each other tightly, while the other 3 boys were just standing off to the side, watching us.

I just got so overwhelmed with emotions that I was breaking down in Harry's arms and I knew Harry was also crying. I mean, imagine if you couldn't touch someone because of something that you have no control over, something you were born with, something that you cannot get rid of because it's yours and it will never leave your side.

Kind of hard to imagine right? It's even harder when that imagination becomes a reality.

The bell rings and Harry and I are still hugging. I'm actually kind of scared that if I let go, it will be gone and I won't be able to touch to Harry without hurting him and he won't be able to touch me without burning my skin.

"Alright guys, come on we need to get to class," Zayn says probably trying to ruin our happiness.

I stopped crying and calmed down, Harry has also stopped crying and right now we're just snuggling into each other's embrace.

"I refuse to let go," Harry speaks up.

"Me too," I say not wanting to let go of Harry.

"Whatever, you guys have the same schedule, just hug all the way to class," Zayn says leaving to go to class. Liam and Niall long forgotten, they probably went to class.

I look up to Harry,

"How did-"

"Telepathy," Harry says answering my question" he probably skimmed through your brain, looking for your schedule, " he says as we walk out of the cafeteria and to our next class. I sigh sadly because we had to stop touching.

I know it sounds like I'm overreacting, but can you blame me. I haven't had any kind of contact with anybody or anything that's alive in 7 years.

I'm not normal and I know that, but it's just pure cruelty when your gift doesn't allow you to touch anybody. I wish I would've known that I wouldn't be able to touch anybody when I was younger, maybe I wouldn't have taken it for granted.

"You never know what you had until you lost it."

That's what my grandmum always said, now that I think about it, that was the last time I spoke to her, it was also the last time I saw her. And the very next day I got my powers and my mum shipped me off to that other place. Now that I think about it, I think she may have had a gift, maybe she could see the future.

Harry and I walk into the classroom right as the bell rings and I guess you could sit anywhere because Harry walks to the back of the classroom and I follow along, and plop myself right next to him. I also notice Niall and Liam sitting in the front of the classroom.

"Glad to have you here Louis," the teacher woman says. She probably has telepathy, like Zayn.

"You are indeed right Louis. Anyways, my name is Mrs.Wave and welcome to my class. Which is where you will be practicing your gifts and what you can accomplish with them," she says as turns back around.

When she said that, I notice that this classroom is quite big, almost like a gymnasium.

"Alright, let's get started shall we?" Mrs. Wave says as she turns back around and pushes a big red button on her desk that I somehow did not notice.

And when she pushes the button, the room expands and the walls flip and on the other side reveals targets and various weapons. They certainly did not have this at my other shitty school.